Chapter 13

Piper and I creep silently around the side of the building. Guilt builds in my stomach as we move. 'What will Percy do if he finds out we're spying on him?' I ask myself. "Okay stop" Piper whispers over her shoulder. I stop and peer around the corner. About ten yards away I see Percy and Jason talking. I can't hear what they're saying but I can tell that Percy looks worried. "We have to get closer" I tell Piper. She nods.
One at a time we jog over to the row of bushes and duck behind them. I have to kneel down to stay hidden, but now we're close enough to hear the boys conversation.

"-won't answer her phone" Percy says. "Did you explain what happened to her?" Jason asks. "She wouldn't let me" Percy mutters. There's a long pause and I can tell both boys are thinking. "Well" Jason starts "-you could always just ask her out." I think Percy shakes his head but I can't tell for sure. Anger boils inside me. "Nah. That's too plain. I want to do something special" he finally replies. My anger dies and is replaced with wonder. I glance at Piper and notice that her eyes are full of joy. I give her a nod to let her know that we're done evades dropping and we sneak back to the front of the school.

"OMG" Piper says as we walks down the hall. "What're you so happy about?" I ask, confused. She gives me a look as if the answer is obvious. "My OTP is getting together, duh. I totally ship you and Percy" she explains. I tilt my head. "You ship Percy and I?" I ask. Being a fangirl, I obviously knew what shipping was, but it had never accord to me that people might ship me with well....anyone. "Duh! Of coarse! You guys are my OTP!" Piper says, answering my question. I stare at her for a count of three before shaking my head. I had bigger things to deal with. "What do you think Percy meant by something special?" I ask Piper. "I don't know" she replies. I nodded and headed off to class.

Percy's conversation with Jason took over my thoughts the entire day. I was walking home when I felt a familiar hand on my shoulder. Percy.