Chapter 3

"I swear I've seen you before" Percy continued to push me. Tears stung my eyes at the fact that he forgot me. We were so close...how could he forget. Unable to bear the pain in my heart, I just ignored him and walked away.
(Time skip-after school)
After school I decided to walk home. Though as soon as I did I discovered that it was a horrible idea. Just as soon as I'd left school grounds, I heard someone call "Hey! Wait up!" I knew that voice. It was the voice of the boy who was once my best friend. But also the voice of the boy who broke my heart. I stopped and spun around. "What do you want?!" I snapped. Percy looked a little surprised and a little hurt. "I-I was just wondering if you wanted to walk home together. My friend Piper said you lived in the same apartment building as me" he stuttered. I stopped glaring. "Okay" I said.
As we walked Percy and I talked quite a lot. Finally he asked "Why do you hate me?" I was so surprised by this, that I almost stopped walking. "I don't hate you" I replied. It was true. I didn't hate him, but I was hurt by him. "Well you don't seem to like me very much" he said looking at me with his sea green eyes. "We have met before" I murmured. "I thought so" was his only response. We walked in silence until suddenly his eyes lit up. "Annabeth!" He almost screamed. "What?" I whispered in shock. "That's your name. Annabeth. Annabeth Chase" he said with a grin. I smiled. "The one and only." Then his smile disappeared. "I'm so sorry" he whispered. I felt my smile fade and my shoulders slump. "It-it's okay" I replied. His next move caught me by surprise. Percy wrapped his arms around me and hugged me. "I didn't mean to hurt you" he said, pulling away. "I know" I replied and saw that we'd arrived at my apartment. "Bye" he said. "Bye" I replied and gave a him a little wave.
After Percy'd left I ran straight up to my room. I'd realized just how much I'd missed my friend. Just how much he'd meant to me. My stomach turned at the thought of seeing him again. I just hope this time he won't leave....I don't know if I could live through another heartbreak. I sat on my bed and just stared at the ceiling. Suddenly something wet landed on my foot. "What the heck?" I gasped and realized that I'd started crying. But I never cry......the last time I cried was when my mum died. The same year that Percy left. It was at this moment that I realized just how broken I was. It was then I realized all studying and moving was to keep my mind off my heart. I quickly shook my head and wiped my tears. I couldn't fall apart now. I stood up and walked to the bathroom to wash up before I made dinner. After all my dad would be expecting a nice meal when he got home from work. 'What would he do without me?' I wondered.