XVIII - Superfan

Beginne am Anfang

"Her expression alone is tempting me Yuzu-chan" Kaoru replied.

Taiju was the one who called out to Nikki. "Hey, there's something you gotta hear. Your name's Nikki, right? Just hear me out. Come over and-"

"Not happening" Nikki instantly declined.

Taiju and Yuzuriha were surprised at her answer, while Kaoru's brow twitch itching to pull out her weapon without hesitation.

"My job is go keep an eye on the three of you. To see you don't mean anyone or do anything that is remotely suspicious" Nikki spoke up. "I know Tsukasa wouldn't want me to tell you all of this, but I don't care. I assume you're smart enough to've figure it out anyway."

"I guess even loyal fanatics of Tarzan tend to compromise as well" Kaoru muttered earning a deadly look by Nikki.

"I got no time to deal with a brat's banter" Nikki retorted. She then turned her attention to Taiju and Yuzuriha, "Just so we're clear, we ain't friends! I have no intention of gettin' buddy-buddy with you, so don't even try!"

Kaoru was getting more and more irked at Nikki's words. She balled her fists tightly, gripping unto whatever shred of patience and self-control she had left.

"The only thing I'll accept in response is 'Yes, ma'am.' Say anymore than that and you're gonna be in a world of hurt!"

"Please just listen-" Taiju spoke up only to receive a sudden sucker punch to the nose.

"Alright, that's it!" Kaoru spoke up having lost all patience.

"Kaoru no!" Yuzuriha squealed quickly pulling her friend back.

"Let me go Yuzuriha!" Kaoru growled. "I SAID LET ME GO!"

"Kaoru please!"

Kaoru was well aware of how easily she could overpower Yuzuriha, but she didn't want to hurt her in the process. Yet, she didn't want to stand idly by and see Taiju get pummeled by some arrogant goon.

"Didn't I tell you not to say anything but 'Yes, ma'am?!" Nikki exclaimed glaring at Taiju who now had a bloody nose.

"I don't care!" Taiju replied quickly receiving another blow. Instantly it further angered Kaoru to see him get such treatment. "I'm willing to let you clobber me on every third word I say, but you have to hear us out!"

Kaoru could feel the blood in her veins boil at the sight of her friend, "Reasons don't work for a gorilla Taiju! Let me tame her!"

"Kaoru please! Trust in Taiju!" Yuzuriha pleaded, trying her best to hold back her friend.

"Yuzu-chan..."Kaoru looked back at her friend. The female brunette froze seeing the dead look on her friend. Cerulean eyes that used to be sparkling and filled with joy became dull and devoid. In a dark tone, Karou spoke, "If trusting you guys meant seeing you guys get pummeled... I'd rather resort to my methods even if it would further complex it."

"K-Kao-chan..." Despite how scary Kaoru was at that moment, Yuzuriha refused to let her go. "P-please... Just trust in Taiju!"

"Just listen to my friend! He's got something big to say" Taiju exclaimed, standing his ground despite his injuries.

Nikki's eyes widened seeing how persistent he was. She paused for a moment, slowly back away from Taiju.

"Just listen-"

"Alright!" Nikki finally gave in. "I'll listen to your damn request."

Taiju beamed hearing her words, "Alright! You heard that gu-uys..." His words faltered seeing Yuzuriha struggling to keep Kaoru from unleashing rage upon Nikki.