"My bad.. just get whatever you need, imma be in the car."

The car ride was silent, other than the music that played lowly.

Amber silently scrolled through Zillow and loved different houses, while Knowledge drove, glancing at her every so often.

"I might trip out on my finsta you can't follow me.." The two lowly mumble-rapped at the same time.

"What you know bout this?" Knowledge smirked as he turned the radio up.

Amber playfully rolled her eyes, then cracked a small smile at him.

After a twenty minute car ride, they pulled in front of a little Korean restaurant.

The two walked in, to see an older light skinned black lady reading a book, behind a counter.

"Grannnyyyy" Knowledge smiled as he walked up, with Amber behind him.

"Hi my baby" she smiled back as he gave her a hug.

Amber eyed the two as they smiled and recognized the heavy resemblance that they shared.

"This Amber, we came to get some food."

"Hey Amber, I'm Aera but you can call me granny." She said.

"What you feel like eating?" Knowledge asked as they sat at a booth.

"The japchae looks good," Amber told him as she looked over the menu.

"Ight, imma go talk to my uncle. He in the back cooking."

She nodded and began to pull out her phone, until she noticed Aera making her way towards her.

"You are such a beautiful young lady." Aera beamed at Amber.

Amber smiled "You really are too, I thought you were Knowledge's mom at first."

Aera smiled wider "Girllll I look good don't I?"

Amber laughed as Aera sat down across from her.

"Now...how long you and my grandson been together?"

"Oh no, we're not together. We just go to school and started hanging-"

Amber's rambling was cut off by Knowledge coming back over.

"Granny why you bothering her?"

"Boy I'm not bothering you, we just chatting."

Knowledge shook his head and sat down next to Amber.

"..you good ma?"

Aera smacked her lips "Mtcht she good Knowledge, I told you we was talking."

"I'm good Knowledge." Amber laughed.

He nodded and leaned back in his seat, Knowledge started to place his hands in his sweats until Aera swatted his hands.

"Nigga don't be doing that nasty shit in my restaurant."

"Maneeee." Knowledge smacked his lips.

Amber laughed a little more as Aera walked off cursing.

"I love herrrr"

Knowledge shook his head "She a mess."

"My uncle said the food gon be out out in a minute."

"Okay, so I definitely didn't know you was Korean." Amber said.

"So I definitely didn't advertise it." He said mocking her voice.

She playfully rolled her eyes "Ugh just leave me alone." 

"I'm playing.. Aera is my mom's mom, she's Korean and black. My grandpa was straight Korean"  he told her.

The two talked about random things for a few more minutes until Aera came out with the food, alongside a man that was basically Knowledge's twin.

their genes strong asf Amber thought.

"Here go y'all food, enjoy." Aera smiled as she rested some plates of food on the table.

"Thank you." Amber smiled as she eyed the food in front of her.

"Lemme know if y'all need anything." The man said.

Before he completely walked away from the table, he looked to Amber then Knowledge.

"I see you neph."

Amber immediately started to blush as Knowledge chuckled.

"Izaiah take yo ass back in that kitchen." Aera said as she lightly swatted the back of his head.

Once the area cleared up, Knowledge and Amber took their first bites of the food.

"It's good ma?"

Amber nearly moaned out in response, "It taste really good... but I don't know if I can eat all this."

Amber was serious, even though she didn't eat often, the times she did eat were difficult. She couldn't eat much without having to make herself throw up.

Knowledge nodded, he didn't know exactly what Amber had going on, but he was quickly catching on and knew that it was something serious.

"Ight just relax and eat what you can." He said offering her a sincere smile.

__________________

Once the two finished up at Aera's restaurant, it was nightfall.

"You enjoyed yourself?" Knowledge asked as they pulled up beside Amber's car.

"I did.. thanks for taking me." She smiled.

They both got out of the car and walked over to hers.

"Be safe." He said pulling her into a hug, before she got in.

The hug only lasted for a few seconds since Amber felt weird and pulled away.

"Niggas know my body." She joked as they pulled away.

"I'll see you." She smiled as she started the car.

He nodded and started walking back to his car.

While Amber drove home, she realized she still had the same goofy smile on her face. Smiling was not something she did often, and to think that she had been doing it all day was crazy to her.

She was finding Knowledge to be kind of cool.