Recording

Rrrrrrrr... The school bus turned the machine on in the rain. "Pitapat..."

"Where will we leave, kid?" The driver asked.

"I don't know, sir, but let me call them." I answered.

I picked my phone up and called Jonathan. When I called him, from a distance, I saw him wave at me.

"Oh, there, sir! We will leave soon." I said while I pointed out that Jonathan and others walked to us. Suddenly, Mr. David also came with his umbrella and his clothes were a bit wet.

"Come on, we don't have any time! We are late! Jonathan! Hurry up!" Mr. David commended. And we entered the bus hurriedly. I sat in the first seat. Meanwhile, Nia sat behind me.

Vroom... Vroom... We ready to go!

All members were happy and sang along the way.

Finally, at 12 p.m. we arrived at the studio. We had lunch first before we had the recording. We went to the street food stand and lunched. After that, we went back to the studio and I saw Mr. Dave was there, and he greeted me and I welcomed him. Then, we had a small talk for a while, and after that, we started recording.

At the time, Niara was the first recorded as the lead for us. After 10 minutes, it was soprano's turn. For the rest, they have to wait outside and didn't make any noise.

"Angel, I was so nervous! Help me!" My friend said while her cold hand held my hand.

"Inhale... Exhale... We can do it." I said while I patted her back.

We entered the room, put the headset on our ears, and started singing. We were so nervous there, because we felt like we were singing in front of the judges.

"OK. Done! Let's listen to it together." The vocal director said.

Then, we heard, but suddenly, we were face-to-face and our eyes met. I thought we had the same opinion that we had to re-record. Then, the director agreed with us. We tried three times before giving up. Then, we went out of the cold room and called the alto group. Then, tenor... Bass...

The first song was done at 6 p.m., and we will continue after dinner.

***

"OK, Soprano, please come in."

The second song will be recorded. We were not really nervous because we were used to it. But on this second song, all of us made many mistakes that made us re-recorded.

Time showed almost 10 p.m., but we hadn't finished yet. The bass was still recorded. Only soprano and alto were completed. I noticed that we were all tired, as if we wanted to crawl into bed.

Then, the bass did it at 11.30 p.m. After that, Mr. David begged the vocal director to give him time until 12 p.m., and they agreed, but he wanted to take a rest for some minutes before recording. Then, Mr. David rehearsed with the tenor so that they could do it fast.

10 minutes passed away, and the vocal director came. The tenor member entered the room and started to sing. After they recorded, they listened to their recording. All the tenors looked down to make sure if the recording was good enough or not. The song ended, their heads straightened and we discussed for a while. Then, they asked to re-record for the last and finished. They went out from the room but I was afraid that the result will be good or not. Then, the vocal director eared us the recording, and I was surprised that it wasn't as bad as I thought.

Phew... I was relieved. We finished it at 12.15 a.m. Then, we went home

It was the most preciousexperience I ever had during my high school journey. I really want to redo it.