Third Day at School

"Angel! What time is it now? It's already 6 a.m. How can you not wake up?"

Yeah, I agree with those who say the best alarm in this world is when your mom wakes you up. Mommy came to Batam at 7 p.m. and she called my grandma to fetch her up from the airport. Hearing that, I was surprised and soon went with my grandpa and grandma to the airport. Along the way, I chatted with her, but she did not respond.

Ugh... I grumbled along the way, irritated. Then, my grandma noticed me by looking in the rearview mirror and smiled.

"Has your grandma told you right?", asked Grandpa.

"...what? Nope. Grandma didn't say anything!", I replied.

Suddenly, Grandma, who was smiling, became surprised that she was not told to tell her grandchildren, "Oh really? I'm becoming so forgetful due to aging. Ha-ha. I'm so sorry, dear. We will meet your beloved Mom.", my grandma said, while reached out to pat me on the head, comforting me.

Along the way, my grandpa blamed my grandma for calming me down, but Grandma only laughed and laughed. Finally, we arrived at the Airport, and I quickly hugged her. That was about last night.

I rushed out of bed, took a bath, and dressed in with my favorite uniform, the antique khaki. In fifteen minutes, I had done it all. Then, I sat on the dining chair waiting for Mommy's delicious cooking and having mommy-daughter time. Time flies so fast, and the clock shows 06:55 a.m.

"Oh, mom. I'm late. Bye-bye!". Hugged, cheek-kiss, waved, dashed away.

I ran as fast as possible while looking at my watch, and I arrived safely at 07:10. Fortunately, the teacher has not come yet.

Ah, phew. What a relief!

"Hm. Why did you come late?", Rachel questioned.

"Ah! My mom came last night, so I always spend my time with her until I forget the time for school.", I puffed.

"W-wait! Are you OK?".

"For what?"

"No, no. Forget it.", I said.

While we were talking, the teacher came in. When I saw her face, she looked like a pretty old woman with her curly black hair. She is average height and quite fat. I think she's about fifty or fifty-five, and wore glasses. When she came in, all my classmates who were standing outside were running as fast as they could until one of my classmates fell down, Sebastian. Then, after she put all her stuff down on the table, she called him.

"What's your name?", she questioned him and glared.

"I'm Sebastian, ma'am", looking down while leaning on the whiteboard with his shoulder back and shaking his foot.

"OK, take a seat."

He jogged and storked his chest. "Ah, phew!"

Then, the teacher advised us and took many time than study.

"Oh my Goodness! When will we proceed to study? She had taken a half hour of our study just for advice and to tell her own experience." Rachel muttered while rolling her eyes.

I just smile and I look Angwyn was looking at her but with his head in his hands and scratching his head.

"OK, that's it. Well, my name is Nancy, and I would be your teacher for the history subject."

I immediately checked my schedule and noticed that today's first class was a history class.

Ooh, I see. That's why she is talkative.

Then the class started. I enjoyed the way she explained it. It is brief, clear, and well-defined. Then, she will make sure all the students are with us one-by-one. Suddenly, the school's bell rang for break time, but Ma'am Nancy still explained. We saw other classes had enjoyed their break time, while we were still in the class. Then, the atmosphere in the class became rowdy. They drummed their fingers, talked with their seatmates, daydreamed, etc. But that didn't stop ma'am Nancy. She kept explaining until it took half a minute of our break.

"Stand up, please! Greetings to our teacher!"

"Good Noon ma'am!"

After greeting ma'am Nancy, all my classmates went to the canteen hurriedly because break time had 15 minutes left. Today, we didn't spend break time in the canteen; we just had friends' talk and we planned to perform a special song at the church this coming Saturday because some of us are good at playing music.

There's Niara, who's good at piano, and I was surprised that she can also play the violin. Angwyn is good at playing guitar, just like Jadi. Not only playing guitar but Jadi able to play the violin. Meanwhile, Rachel and I would be like their shadows. No, no. We will be their singers!

Then, we made a plan to have practice at 4 o'clock at the Music Center. Imperceptibly, class finished at 3 a.m. Rachel hurriedly packed her bag, throwing in her pencil case and whatever was on the desk in front of her, and she left us because Rachel's house was quite far from school.

When I wanted to go back home, Angwyn called me and suggested that Adrian, George, and William join us. I agreed with Angwyn on the two names that he suggested, but not for William. After that, Angwyn explains his ideas clearly to me. He has a plan: William will play the piano, Jadi will play the violin, George will play the saxophone, Adrian and him will play the guitar, and then the three of us will sing. Rachel will sing mezzo-soprano, Niara will sing alto, and I myself will sing soprano.

After hearing this suggestion, I agreed with him and Angwyn to confirm it to them soon. And then I walked with Angwyn until the gate of the school, and we separated at the gate because our houses were in different directions. I went home and quickly swept the floor and had a small talk with my grandparents and mom. Then, I changed into my best shirt and walked to the Music Center. I was called Niara by her house because we were promised that we would go ahead together and it turned out that Rachel was there too.

It's about 10 minutesfrom Nia's house to the Music Center and from a distance I can see a lot ofslippers there; perhaps they've already arrived. Then we have practice timeuntil 5 a.m. The practice will continue tomorrow, and then we will go back toour home.