New Choir

"Brrring... Brrring..."

The first subject in Grade XII is over.

I ran hurriedly out of the class and over to Mr. David.

"Sir!" I shouted and ran hurriedly.

Mr. David who was walking before, then he glanced at me.

"Sir!" Is it today we have a quiz?

He stopped, looked at me. "Uhm..." He said, and nodded. Then, he lumbered.

"What? Can we postpone it, sir?" I begged while my hands hugged each other.

"Never."

And I started muttering again. Then, he stopped again and asked me to collect my friend to sing one song, and he suggested some names. After that, I gathered some of my friends, such as Niara, as the pianist, George, William, Angwyn, Adrian, and Jadi. Then, Mr. David agreed with all the names that I added. Then, we have practice with Mr. David every night.

And the day had come, on Saturday. When I arrived at the Chapel, I saw people wearing blue dresses and shirts. I ran over them, because I knew that it was them. After that, we sat at the first bench and followed the worship. Then, it's time for us to perform.

Plink-a-plink-a-plink-a-plink

We stood up and walked ahead to the stage in line accompanied by the piano played by Niara. At the time, I was not nervous anymore because I had gotten used to and we did it. Everything ran well. When the worship is over, we capture the moment by smiling at the camera.

Cheers! We succeeded in carrying that song and it was awesome. Then, from this performance, Mr. David always asked us to sing again and again. That is why we made the new group choir. Actually, Mr. David had already made a choir with all the senior class, but I wasn't in it and we were the second choir that he made in the same year. That's why it made the first choir jealous of us. They muttered every time we performed at the Chapel. But Mr. David just advised us so that we didn't all ears it all because we did it just to glorify God's name.

Hearing this, we just let it flow. Yeah, haters gonna hate. So, I shake it off. We sang and sang, and it was like we had music in our minds saying, "It's gonna be alright." We went from one place to another almost every Saturday. Therefore, our choir's president suggested making the dress code for us, and Mr. David agreed.

***

One day after the suggestion, Mr. David, Manto**, Hanna (the other choir members), and I went to find the dress and shirt for us. After we arrived at the shop, we tried to find for male first. In the first shop, there were no shirts that caught our attention. Then, we went from one shop to another shop, and we entered the last shop that we visited. The shopkeeper started to take out all the shirts again.

White... Blue... Pink... The same color that we found in the previous shop, and it made us give up at the time, so we took a seat because we felt really tired.

"How about this, Sir?" The shopkeeper said while she walked and brought a yellow shirt to us. I felt awkward, but from all the shirts that they suggested, this one is the most nice. The color was not faded like one other shirts. Then, we discussed it, whether we should take it or leave it. After some debate, we agreed to take it. Then, they packed it, and Mr. David's money ran out of his pocket. Then, we went to other places to find for female clothes, but all the shops that we entered had no choices. So, we decided to find it by tomorrow because the day was getting dark and we went home.

** Manto in sub title love story

***

The next day, we drive to Shop again to look for female clothes. Because yellow was the color of male clothes, we tried to match it by looking on yellow dress and we found it but we combine it with blue. The day had come, so we sang wearing it. Generally, the dress color for choir is black and white or dark enough. But, when we wore this one, I felt like people's eyes were on us because yellow is a bright color. But I was happy because that was the most memorable thing in my school life. Then, when we all saw something in yellow, we would say it was ours and laughed together.

***

"Beeeep... Beeeep..."

"Angel!" George called me and I said farewell to my grandma.

Now, we have practice again for this coming performance.

Plink-a-plink-a-plink-a-plink

From a distance I could hear Piano had already played.

"Thank you, George!" I said while I get off the motorbike

"No problem." George replied while he took his motorcycle key and we entered the chapel together. Then, I saw all the members already came and all eyes look at us. It turned out that they waited both of us.

"OK, shall we start our practice ..." Mr. David started explain. Nutshell, we will have practice after class has over. Then, Hanna started shared the sheet music to all of us and we practiced, plink, sang, and laughed filled the Chapel.

Time flied so fast, we practiced about one hour and a half ad we closed the practice time by prayed and we went home. That was we did until the Saturday came and we gathered at back stage while practice by ourselves, talked, and laughed.

Suddenly, our headmaster came to the backstage and talked to us. He invited us to join the recording at the studio. At the time, we were surprised and we still cannot believe it because we were not a good at vocal techniques. So, we thought that it was a good opportunity that I have to grab it and Jonathan said, "Yes, we want to join the recording."

Our headmaster smiledand left us. Then, we were teasing one another by imagine what would happenedin the studio later. In a few minutes, Mr. David walked ahead to us and weinformed it to him gladly. I can see in their smiled and tone voice how happythey are and I felt it in the same way. Then, it's time for us to perform.