Chapter Eighteen

I woke up abruptly from my peaceful sleep as I felt my shoulder being shaken.

"Kamini wake up already, its night-time." Someone said as they continued to shake me.

"I'm up, I'm up. You can stop." I said groggily and waved a hand at the person who dare interrupt my lovely nap. I opened my eyes and I saw Sasuke sitting beside me. 'I wonder how long he has been here?' "So how did it go?" I yawned.

"Well considering the time...." Sasuke began and looked to the night sky. "Neither of us has made it yet but there has been improvement." Sasuke said. He seemed extremely exhausted, and Naruto must have been training with him for hours.

"I see." I rubbed my tired eyes. "Where is Naruto?"

"He crawled back to the house an hour ago."

"Why didn't you go with him?" I asked.

"You were asleep and I wasn't just going to leave you out here."

"Well thanks, I guess." I began to stand up but as soon as I was halfway up my knees trembled and I went about down to the ground. Sasuke extended his hand to me. I looked curiously at it for a moment contemplating his actions. This really seemed out of Sasuke's nature.

"Just grab it. The sooner we can get back to the house the better." He said looking somewhere else.

"Alright." I grabbed his hand and he yanked me the rest of the way up. I began to shake again but he pulled me to his side and put his arm around my back and holding my waist. His other hand held my crutches. 'Well this is kind of awkward.' I thought. I blushed thinking about the situation we were in. His face was so close to mine, it's slightly unnerving. I wonder what people would think if they saw the two of us right now? I shuddered at the thought. Yes, the quicker we get back to the house the better.

"L-let's just get back as fast as we can." I stuttered. Neither of us hesitated as we began the walk back. It was really dark, yet peaceful, and I could hear the sound of animals running around the ground and through the trees. It was silent for the most part but I just couldn't handle it so I starting talking. "So who do you think is going to make it to the top first?" I asked knowing what his answer was going to be.

"Me of course, but Naruto is working hard." He muttered the last bit. "But what can he do? He is just a stupid ninja with no sense of what he's doing."

"Hey that's not true." I smacked the back of Sasuke's head with he hand that was around his shoulder. "Naruto has loads of potential and he has willpower like no one I have ever met before. He's special even though he can be incredibly stupid at times. So don't bash on him."

"I think you like Naruto a lot more than before. He sure likes you." Sasuke added and looked away.

"Sasuke, would you quit it." I rolled my eyes. "There's is nothing between us. We are just really good friends. You know what I think; I think you are beginning to sound a bit jealous of him." I said triumphantly.

"There's no way that I would be jealous of that knucklehead." His onyx eyes bore into my blue ones. "What is there to be jealous about anyway?" Sasuke defended.

"Well. You could be jealous about the relationship the both of us share."

"What the gross friendship and affection you guys have? Please, that is not what I would be jealous of."

"Fine, I don't really care anyway. It's not like you have a chance with me anyhow." I snorted.

"Oh really. Every other girl in the village seems to want me, what makes you any different?"