Chapter Seventeen

Morning came around and my body was feeling much better but I was still unable to walk more than 3 steps at a time. I gave my body a good stretch and I sighed contentedly. When I got out of bed everyone was sitting around a table eating.

"Good morning." I said as I wobbled to the table before gravity took me, and I scrambled to my chair. "So what are we having?"

"Pancakes." Naruto said. "And boy are they good."

"Great, I'm super hungry." I sat down and began to munch on a big plate of pancakes.

"Today students, we will be heading to the forest for some training." Kakashi sensei said.

X

Last night we had all got together and talked about the battle. In the end we came to the conclusion that there was a possibility that Zabuza may still be alive. Sasuke and I didn't know about what they had seen when they went to look for him, but they filled us in. Apparently, when they got to the body of Zabuza, a ninja appeared and threw some senbon needles at him and took off with the body. At that time, they didn't think of the possibility that the ninja was assisting him. So Zabuza is most likely alive. So this is the reason that we need to train. Kakashi was also unable to move actively because of over using his Sharingan. He passed out after finding Zabuza and he has been on bed rest like me. So all of us walked, well except for Kakashi and I, we both hobbled on crutches.

We made it into the forest and Naruto and Sasuke both seemed to be at each other's necks. Kakashi instructed us that we needed to walk up a tree. Obviously, all of us thought that was a simple task until he said 'no hands'. Kakashi walked towards the tree and put one foot on the tree and then the other and began walking up the tree, even along with his crutches. He paused while standing on the underside of a branch. He tossed all of us kunai and said to use them to mark our progress.

"Now I suggest that you take a running start to get momentum. Make sure to focus your chakra right to the soles of your feet. Kamini I'm not sure how much of this you will be able to do but do your best."

What none of them knew was that I already practiced this while I was travelling. I came upon a few ninja that were training and they were doing this exact exercise. I asked if I could join them and they accepted. So for the next 2 days I worked really hard until I mastered walking up the tree.

"I think I'll be fine sensei." I said.

"Already, begin." Kakashi shrugged.

Everyone except me ran at the tree. I just stood watching. Naruto practically ran at the tree smacking himself off of it. Sasuke made it 2 steps, left a bit of a dent int the tree, than came back down. I looked for Sakura but I didn't see her until I looked higher up the tree, and there she was smiling up high on a branch.

"This isn't too hard." Sakura said giggling.

"It seems Sakura is better at chakra control than the boys." Kakashi remarked.

"Kakashi don't say something that will make Sasuke hate me!" She yelled back.

"Kamini aren't you going to have a try." Naruto asked, he scratched his head from the fall he had.

"Are you joking?" Sasuke said. "She can barely walk as it is."

"Excuse me Sasuke," I shot him a quick smirk. "But I think I will have a go." I snorted knowing that this would be a cinch. I wanted to rub it into Sasuke's pretty little face. I walked towards the tree and focused my chakra to my feet and began walking. I have to admit I was a bit shaking because I wasn't used to being on crutches and walking in the first place. I made it to the first branch, which was a decent ways up and sat down. I was a bit tired. Not all of my energy had returned just yet. "Haha girls win. Boys lose."

"There's no way you should be able to do this for your first time without running. Unless... this isn't your first time." Sasuke snorted.

"Ding, ding, ding we have a winner. Yes I have done this before. But I have to say that I don't have enough energy to get back down so can someone catch me?" I asked using my puppy dog face.

"I'll catch you!" Naruto insisted.

"Alright Naruto I'm in your hands." 'Please catch me' I whispered to myself. I think Sasuke noticed me whispering and somewhat braced himself for a catch. I smiled thinking that he might actually be worried about me. 'So he is a secret softy?' I laughed to myself. I chucked my crutches down to the ground first. "Well here I go."

I pushed myself off of the branched and closed my eyes not wanting to see a frantic Naruto running beneath me. What I did hear was. "Loser, get under her!" Then I heard a shuffle and I landing safely in Narutos arms. Well that's what I thought until I opened my eyes. I saw Sasuke with an exasperated face. "Don't ever let Naruto try to catch you again. He really sucks at positioning himself."

"Hey that's not true. I was standing right where you are."Naruto exclaimed.

"Sure you were but you were moving back and forth." Sasuke muttered.

"Whatever Sasuke, you just wanted to catch her yourself." Naruto disagreed. I looked at Sasuke's face and saw a ting of pink on his cheeks. He was looking anywhere but at me. I smiled lightly.

"Ya right Naruto." Sasuke said and stood up "I just think she's worth rescuing cause she is a better asset to this team than you."

"Alright, lovers you can stop. And Sasuke you can let me down now." I laughed. He just shot me a hard look at the first comment but nodded and put me down and handed me my crutches.

"Thanks." I said and I walked over to a tree and sat myself down for a rest. It seemed like Kakashi was doing the same because he was passed out under another tree. Sakura went back to the house saying she was going to help out with supper. Sasuke and Naruto made a competition out of this training of course, but neither of them was making very much progress. Naruto cursed and looked at me then headed towards me. He crouched in front of me.

"Kamini can you give me some tips on how to do this?" He asked.

"Sure." I said smiling.

"But you can't tell Sasuke what you said or anything got it?"

"Alright Naruto." I leaned forward and whispered in my ear. As I was whispering I saw Sasuke looking at us wondering what was being said. I smiled at him and winked teasingly. He quickly turned his attention back towards the tree.

"Thanks Kamini, this should help a lot." Naruto said and ran off back to his tree. Next thing I knew was that Sasuke was standing to the left of me with his arms crossed around his chest and was looking off to somewhere else.

"What were you guys talking about?" He asked.

"Sorry Sasuke I'm under oath. I cannot reveal that information." I said trying not to laugh.

"He asked you how to do it didn't he?"

"I don't know what you're talking about. We just had a friendly conversation because we can." I stifled another laugh.

"Kamini! Ah whatever." Sasuke said and stomped off. I snickered and watched the two of them try to climb up a tree. Soon enough I dozed off into a lovely dream.

Please leave a Comment and Like <3