The morning after

Cover page credit - sruthiiyer09

Pete's POV:
The night was long as he made love to me. My omega was so delighted after meeting it's soulmate that it didn't had any restraints. We ended up doing it again and again.

He stopped only when I got tired and closed my eyes as I passed out. I don't know what happened after that.

I woke up to see the room illuminated brightly by sunlight. I stirred a bit and realised that my body was covered with duvet. He must have taken care of me after I passed out. I blushed recalling the events of last night. His touch, his voice, everything about him was clearly imprinted in my memory. Now, what was more exciting was his presence next to me.

I smiled and then braced myself to all the things that would follow. I was a bit shy with the thought of facing him but I needed to see him.

I slowly stirred, turing around so that I could look at him but I was greeted with empty space.

Was it a dream or have I actually met my soulmate? I sat up abruptly scanning my room. My gaze trying to find him or atleast something that gave me a hint that whatever happened was reality and not dream.

My gaze landed on the laundry bag that was containing the bedsheet which I had spread on the bed yesterday. It looked messy and some blood stains were visible too. I bled last night. I looked down to check and I can see clean sheets on bed, also the duvet too was replaced. Then, I looked closely at the space beside me and I can see that it was crumpled which meant, he was sleeping beside me. It wasn't dream!!!

I slowly pulled the duvet aside just to see myself naked. I immediately pulled the covers back hiding myself. I am feeling so embarassed right now. I closed my eyes trying to calm down my ragging breath. I tried to move a bit and felt a sweet pain in back.

I covered myself in the duvet while I stepped down from the bed and moved towards the closet. I grabbed shorts and tank top and immediately wore them.

I placed the duvet back on bed and then slowly moved towards the door. I took careful steps while scanning the house to see him. Everything was calm and there wasn't any noise heard. Thankfully, the current had return and the lights were on.

I made my way towards the bathroom to see if he was there inside. I knocked on the door and then turned the knob and pushed it open. I was greeted with empty sight but I can smell his scent.

I closed the door and then walked towards the kitchen to see if he was preparing something but there too there wasn't a sign of anyone.

Must be he went out. I sighed and then moved to get fresh. The herbal tea was already showing it's effect since I felt calmer. I entered the bathroom and walked towards the mirror. When I looked at my reflection, I immediately blushed. There were marks around the neck and chest. I hiked my tank top up and saw the marks of his fingers on my waist. They were blooming to purple ones.

My eyes than landed on the bite mark on my neck. I looked at it more closely only to feel the slight disappointment. The mark wasn't the one I was expecting. I thought he marked me but he didn't.

I felt a bit sad while looking at the mark. It was near the place but not exactly where I expected it to be. It's alright, I will ask him later about this.

I quickly cleaned myself up and then made my way in to the kitchen to cook myself breakfast.

After having eaten enough to fill my little tummy, I decided to return back to bedroom. When I entered, my gaze landed on the piece of paper placed on the tea table alongwith a red rose. I smiled and then immediately rushed towards it.