Heat

Pete's POV:
My life was going good till now, being an omega was already a challenge but I was able to cope up with it. I was already 18 and most of my friends were already marked. I was the only exception and that made every alpha to look at me with lust filled eyes.

There were many alphas in the campus but I never felt anything for them. I was searching for my soulmate, my Alpha but he seemed to be nowhere near. Whenever I felt that I would be  going through heat, I would skip classes and inform my friends that I won't be around for few days.

I tried to do everything possible to mask my scent and during heat, I tried to stay away from all. Not to mention that these days were the most miserable ones because I didn't know what to do. I would feel so hot that sometimes I was scared that I might combust. I would spend my time in bath tub where I would add ice to water to lower the temperature.

Thankfully, my house was not in the vicinity of any other people otherwise I would have died of embarrassment after the lot of moaning and grunts from me during heat.

It was one of the sunny days when I reached college with a happy mood. My best friend, Can, had asked me to meet him in library. So, the moment I arrived, I was directly headed towards library.

When I entered the place, I saw only few people present and most were alphas who immediately turned their head in my direction. I frowned upon having agreed with Can's idea of meeting in library. The alphas present inside the library began to ogle me while biting their lips and moving to get up from their place.

My heart began to hammer in my chest and I immediately rushed towards the rack trying to avoid looking at them. I felt a bit uneasy, as if someone was watching me. I scanned the place trying to find if someone was looking at me but there wasn't anyone around.

I turned around to check the books on other shelf when someone jumped in front of me. I screamed loudly while taking a step back and getting ready to run away.

"That was fun!!" Can said while laughing. "It wasn't funny." I said while gritting my teeth. "You look like a kitten. You know that?" Can began to tease. "Stop beating around the bush and tell me why you called me here. I feel unsafe with so many alphas around the place." I said.

"Oh... I am sorry. I forgot that you are not....." He didn't say anything further because he knew that the words will hurt me. Yes, I felt hurt seeing other omegas who already had mates and were free to roam around. I had to be really careful since some of the alphas at the college were really rough and ready to pounce upon me anytime.

"Come with me....." He said while pulling my hand and dragging me with him. We walked through the doors and finally stepped out of the building and headed towards the small clearing between the tall trees at the back of the building.

"Can, why are we here?" I asked looking around the place. "Because I wanna gossip about my boyfriend. Bish, we can't speak about it when other people are around." Can said. Arghhhh!! Gossip means showing off!!

"What now Can?" I asked with an annoyed tone. This friend of mine was too blunt. He would tell me each and everything about their relationship even their intimacy providing me thorough details. And it was too embarassing to my ears, heart and mind.

"See this... " He said while undoing the top button of his shirt and pulling it a little to show me bruises. "What happened??" I asked with panic. "Shhhhh you bish!!! Keep your voice low. Actually we did it last night and that too many times. He kept biting me. So, I became a cheetah now." he said.

"Damn Can!!" I said placing my hands on ears trying to block his voice. I can see him grinning while looking at me. He came closer and pulled my hands off and spoke, "Why don't you try hanging out with one of those alphas?? I mean they all are ready to throw themselves at your feet. You only have to choose one of them." Can said.