Platinum Awards + Performances

We were all sitting listening to Sikowitz teach

We were all sitting listening to Sikowitz teach. I was playing with Jade's hand.

"Backstory. Back. S-tori. Backstory," Sikowitz said.

"Why did you keep saying backstory?" Tori asked.

"Excellent question! When it comes to television shows and Hollywood movies, most of the writing is terrible," Sikowitz said. We all agreed. "So, good actors must make up their own "backstory"... A history for the character. Who is this person I'm playing? Where did I come from? What is this stain?" Sikowitz asked looking at his sleeve.

"Ooo, the police found. A weird stain on the seat of my brother's car," Cat said.

"Uh. What kinda stain?" Andre said.

"They don't know yet. They're taking the car seat down to "the lab"," Cat said air quoting the lab. I looked at Jade. She shook her head.

"Maybe we should just talk about backstory," Tori suggested.

"All right, let's take a look at this performance by me. From an old tv show called "city bus nights"... There I am, guest-starring as the character of "loogie". So for my backstory..." Sikowitz was cut off by Sinjin walking in.

"Hi, sorry to interrupt!" Sinjin said.

"What is it, boy?!" Sikowitz asked.

"Mason Thornesmith is having a major press conference right now. About the platinum music awards," Sinjin said laughing before running out.

"I got it they're streaming it on The Slap," Robbie said.

"Put it on the tv!" Tori yelled. The entire class demanded that it be put on the tv.

"Okay. Now, let's see..." Sikowitz started typing the website in.

"Move!" Cat yelled shoving Sikowitz out of the way and putting the stream on the screen.

"Last year, the platinum music awards. Were watched by over two hundred million people, worldwide. And this year, I am very excited to announce. That we will begin the platinum music awards. With a performance by a complete unknown. Beginning now, we are conducting a worldwide search. For a fresh young talent who will begin the award show with an original song and become an overnight music sensation. Now, please hold your questions. We'll be accepting online video auditions at superstarBAM.com. So... all you young performers out there who feels you have superstar potential show us what you've got," Mason Thornesmith said. The entire class started talking as the stream ended.

"Alright, alright, settle down, cool your jets, sit. You can all work on your platinum music award auditions later, alright?" Sikowitz asked. We all agreed. Once Sikowitz turned his back we all left.

Timeskip

I was laying on the bed in Jade's bedroom.

"What song are you gonna do for your audition?" Jade asked.