Amateurs + Sleepovers

We were sat in Sikowitz's classroom

We were sat in Sikowitz's classroom. Tori and Andre were doing an exercise. Beck had his arms around Jade and me while we had our hands entwined over his lap.

"Listen. Ms Travis, listen to me," Andre said.

"What?" Tori sobbed.

"This is a simple surgery. I've done this operation hundreds of times. You'll be fine," Andre said while Sikowitz walked on stage.

"But what if I'm not fine? What if I die on that operating table? I have three..." Tori trailed off.

"Uh-huh," Sikowitz said.

"I have three..."Tori tried.

"Uh-huh, uh-huh," Sikowitz agreed.

"I have three children," Tori said.

"Oh, I'm sorry, kids. Excuse me. I don't mean to interrupt the scene, but Tori, look at the red dot I drew on this index card," Sikowitz pulled out a card. "Boo!" Sikowitz yelled scaring Tori causing her to fall over.

"Sikowitz! You scared the Fudge outta me," Tori yelled.

"Why did you stop crying?" Sikowitz asked.

"What?!" Tori asked.

"You were playing the role of a crying woman who's just been told she's going to have surgery. Why did you break character?" Sikowitz asked.

"'Cuz you interrupted our scene and screamed boo in my face!" Tori exclaimed.

"Tori and Andre, take your seats. I'm trying to teach you kids about method acting, and that means whatever character you're playing, you must stay in that character, the entire time, no matter what happens. Whether on camera or off camera, on stage or off stage, you've got to understand that..." Sikowitz was cut off by the bell. "Until tomorrow," Sikowitz sat on the stage looking annoyed as everyone else left.

"Look, I'm sorry we disappointed you," Tori said.

"Yeah, it's just that we think that method acting is kinda dumb," Robbie said. Jade, Robbie, Rex, Cat and myself all sat back down. While Andre, Tori and Beck stood up.

"Well, of course, you think method acting is dumb. It's too challenging for you," Sikowitz said.

"Yeah, I really don't think that's the issue here," Jade said to Sikowitz while pulling me into her side.

"Staying in character no matter what happens is something only true, professional actors can pull off. Sometimes I forget you're all just children, you know, amateurs," Sikowitz said.

"He called us amateurs," Cat exclaimed.

"Your whack-job teacher just called all y'all out! I love it," Rex laughed.

"Aw, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt your little amateur feelings," Sikowitz said. I laughed.

"He did it again," Cat gasped.