Ping-pong + Fancy dinners

I was sat on the floor next to my locker throwing my football up in the air and catching it waiting for class to start

"Mads, what are you doing on the floor?" Jade asked.

"Waiting for class." I said. Jade pulled me up off the floor and kissed me.

"Do you have plans after school?" Jade asked.

"Not that I remember. Let me check." I said going to reach for my phone. Jade pulled my phone out from my back pocket and held it up. "Thanks." I said balancing my football on my foot while I checked my phone.

"22nd. I have plans with Josh, Kodi, Lucas, Jordan and Jack." I said.

"It's the 21st." Jade said.

"Oh in that case I'm free." I said.

"Great, you've now got plans after school with me, Beck, Andre, Robbie and Cat." Jade said.

"Okay." I said kicking my football up into my bag. Jade and I were stood talking to two girls from the production class. class that we were in. Tori walked over and was calling Jade's name repeatedly.

"Jade. Jade. Jade. I'm not going away. And you can't just say no." Tori said poking Jade's shoulder. Jade's jaw was now clenched.

"No. No. No. No. No. No. No." Jade said in a different pitch for each word.

"All right, well, you can." Tori said as the bell rang. "Lane, can you come here please? Don't move." Tori walked to Lane.

"I'm staying here because I wanna stay here." Jade said.

"I'm staying here cause I can't remember what class I have." I said quietly. Jade pecked my cheek.

"What's up?" Lane asked.

"Jade is the captain of the ping pong team and I wanna try out and she says I can't." Tori said.

"Yup, that's what I says." Jade said taking my hand as we walked down the steps.

"Oh, come on. Why do you all have to drag me into your problems?" Lane asked.

"Uh, you're the guidance counselor here. Can we have some guidance?" Tori asked.

"All right." Lane said pulling out a bottle of lotion squirting it on his hands.

"All right. I've already got it loaded in here." Tori said pulling her phone out. 

"Okay, what?" Lane asked.

"See, look what it says on the official Hollywood arts website." Tori said. Jade groaned.

"My life is slipping away." Jade said.

"Read it." Tori told Lane.

"All students are encouraged to participate in school-sanctioned events, clubs and sports teams." Lane read.