Petrifying Reminder

Start from the beginning

"Tsk, still, what made 'you' snap?" I clarified the word with a faint smile as I turned to Eve. She rolled her eyes in response while her arms were crossed to her chest.

"Eve!!" Akali whispered that angry tone so I waited it out. This made the lady sigh and shrug, a little irritating but I decided not to act. I sense something slithering in the ground and 'that' was the breaking point.

"Vex, did I grow dull the last time we met?" a cold clean tone. They're not the only ones pissed now and my arms were itching to grab a trigger. I lost all reason to coat my voice, lost the reason to even hide the tone when my patience ran out.

That shadow isn't as quiet as you think, its movements can be tracked by sensing the ground and it just feels like it's a snake crawling to its direction. I felt it heading straight to Evelynn and for Vex to do that meant she was trying to do something.

This girl is no jokester and finishes her target with the least amount of work she could do. She even tried to hide her intentions but that hint of danger is something I can never ignore.

Her shoulders jolted and her widened eyes came to view. That thing also stopped moving but not me. She looked directly but all I saw was her eyes jittering as if it was trying to separate our gaze.

Her pet finally came to light but it just grew big trying to hide Vex. Looked scared with how it trembled as it raised it's arms...looks good to rip it off.

I couldn't help but think of what I should do. Pinning the damn thing won't work and bullets could phase through without damage. Ahh, I really need my gun.

I kept wondering but the faint sight behind it was what stopped me entirely. I can see the girl holding her ears down making me move my jaw sideways.

"Y-Y/N?" a voice asked making me wince to that direction. There I saw Akali flinching as she backed her arm away, I can see the smoke filling up my eyes so I sighed and closed them. My right arm made sure they weren't open but the dark was enough for me to remember what I just saw. It did make me smile a little as well.

--------------------------------------------------
Akali's Point of View
--------------------------------------------------

Breath...I can breathe. It made me take a deep one and look away from Y/N but my arms still trembled at the scene. It was a brief moment but it felt like time slowed down for my brain to register that moment. The scent of iron, no, blood suffocating my nose.

I know I was resilient to pressure and was complimented a lot because of it. Never really scared of horror movies and isn't that grossed out easily but those things, those things cannot compare to what Y/N did.

Even when his gaze was aimed at Vex, I felt thousands of bugs crawling below my skin just by watching the sidelines. My lungs felt like it could collapse by that alone. And his eyes...his foggy eyes turned crystal clear but the usual gray that covered it formed arrows. Arrows stretching like a cross pointing the middle...like a crosshair. I'm sure everyone saw that and it's scary how it even reflected the shadow in the middle of it all.

"Looks like I also crossed the line," Y/N said as he placed his arms on his lap.

Line...it would be a lie if I say I knew he was hiding his actual self. I thought we felt his temper back at the restaurant but this felt like a whole different person. It terrified me and it's making me doubt if I should be near him at all.

I shrugged the thought away and felt my heart ache at the mere idea. I had the chance, the choice that could've prevented him from becoming who he is now. Too late, haah, too late.