Pagphere ki rasm

Anokhi was in a fix, whether to take Shaurya with her or not

Anokhi was in a fix, whether to take Shaurya with her or not. She wanted to spebd time with him as much as he did. But, it's a ritual which is performed by the bride only. The groom stays in his house. The daughter-in-law goes to her Paternal home where the son only leaves her there, and then comes to take her after a certain period. Obviously as much as she knew Devi and Tej Sabherwal, they had strong believes for these customs too. She didn't expect them to be liberal now, whatever the situation was. But, here was him : the cute goofy ball. How could she deny him? And now that he wanted something, he had crossed all the limits in stubbornness. He won't stop until he gets what he wants. He was making that sad puppy face since she told him about the condition. He wasn't talking to her or anyone who said otherwise. How would she made him believe that she wanted him to be her side more than anything, but it wasn't really an option. He had become the integral part of her life in a very short span of time. She wouldn't want to loose him. She knew that if she's gonna miss him in Kapoorthala too, then there's no efficacy of this ritual as it's for the girl to take rest from her new day-to-day life. But, even after being with her parents and whole family, she feels apart as if missing her world, then what's the point of all of that? She had decided to take him with her, whatever it takes.
Now, after doing all the house chores, she went to Devi Sabherwal for asking her permission and knowing her take about pagphere. Devi accepted that whole heartedly. After that, she started preparing the stuffs for her journey. She went in her room upstairs, where Shaurya was already sitting with a cushion in his hand. He was absent mindedly playing with it's corner. Just when he noticed the arrival of Anokhi, he came near her and asked, "Anokhi, dekho na.. Main kya soch raha tha. "

Anokhi was also cooking some plans in her mind to take Shaurya away with her, even if it meant to put him in a bag and roll him all over again just like a cinnamon roll. But, she was playing trickery with him by not sharing her idea with him.

A : "Jaldi bolo PS, mujhe bahut saare kaam h. Badi maa ne bhi permission de di h pagphere ki, to mujhe abhi jaane se pahle saara saamaan set bhi karna hoga. Varna peechhe se tum sab idhar ka udhar kar doge."

S : "this isn't fair Anokhi. Tum to chali jaaogi, mujhe kaun bataayega ki kaunsa samaan kaha h? Jabse humari shaadi huyi h, tumne poora room apne according organized kiya h. Ab mujhe kuchh nahi milne waala."

A : "Isiliye to bol rahi hu na, abhi dhyaan sedekh lo, jab samjha rahi hu to. Ek baar main chali gayi na vaha, to late tak soti rahungi, phir apni saheliyo se bhi milke aana h. Mujhe vaha khoob masti karni h, aisey mein tum phone milaaoge aur main tumhaara phone utha nahi paaungi. Phir tum mujhe hi bolohe, issey achha h, abhi sab samajh lo ki kaunsi cheez kaha rakhi h."

S : " Arey, matlab ye kya baat huyi? Maine tumhe kya yaha sone se rok rakha tha? Ulta main to tumhe aur sone ko bolta tha. Aur Anokhi, dekho ye baat na theek nahi h. Main pahle hi bata raha hu tumhe, agar tumne mera lhone tak nahi uthaaya na, to.. To.. Main.. Main vaha Kapoorthala aakar tumhe kidnap karke le jaaunga jaisey pahle tumhe dhaabe se uthaaya tha, yaad hai na? "