Chapter 4

Both of us grew even more tired as each unknowing step of ours made the stakes reach even more higher than the last.

I was starting to get sick and tired of all of this needless running and I was starting to get a bit worried about the body that I had just left in the middle of the woods.

Unlike Heesung's and Jay's body, Jake's wasn't buried nor did it have a proper funeral, or at least a tomb to rest in.

That's what I felt, and still feel, guilty about. My loyal friend and my most trustworthy vampire that I knew for a fact had good intentions, didn't even have a proper death.

Unlike the others, his death wasn't planned out, but it was like if it had been meant for him all along.

You and I both ran until we just couldn't take it anymore, the stress and anger we had for each other was starting to knock us down, our hands that slowly started to untwine.

Maybe that's where we should've stayed.

I decided to fully stop this stupidity, turning my back on you and daring to go back where we had just come from.

"Take my f*cking hand and don't ever be afraid again." you warned while I took one step away from you, letting out a loud scoff, still not daring to expose nothing but my back towards you.

As guilty tears were starting to run down my face

"Sunghoon, I don't love you, like I did back then." I slowly turned around while saying those absolute lies that you and I both knew were just that, yet what you didn't know was that my determination to save humanity was higher than our love.

You really thought that I'd wouldn't kill you, you thought I'd care too much.

"Even after all that blood you still owe? After the misery you have caused us in our lives?!" you pushed me against a large tree, making me look straight at you with the tears in your eyes.

"I'll have to make you understand all of the blood you have shed." those words were the last that I'd hear from you, before you'd decide to do the unforgivable.

You turned me into a monster, just so that I could understand.

Your fangs slowly dug deep into my skin, while I let out a wince of pain; I started to feel my skin crack towards the imperfection, what I had been trying to hide all this time.

Slowly retrieving yourself from me, you could only watch as a sad smile formed on the corner of my lips, you just didn't know what exactly I was.

And what that mistake of yours meant for me and my everlasting life.

Oh how wrong you were to think that immortality meant never dying, it meant more than to me and it will mean much more to you to.

I steadily walked up towards you; You just couldn't move an inch away from, the red ink from my eyes dripped down towards the floor in a steady pace. The only thing I could do was watch as my fingers got covered in it.

"Take my hand, watch as it slides down to your throat." my voice started to sound distorted as my thoughts started to turn irrational.

Give him blood, give him all he can drink, knowing that it will never be enough. Grab the glass because there's going to be a flood.