Chapter 3

The ticking timer was replaying in my head again and again, the moment that I had stopped my alarm and could have had the time to reevaluate my mistakes, but instead I decided to fulfill my duty.

As the crazed witch who cursed you all.

I needed to die alongside the ghost of you, even if death itself tried to stop me. This wasn't my fate nor my destiny that the gods had planned for me, but I, myself had caused.

You gave me a crooked smile, while I knew perfectly well that such smile was going to ever haunt me, even after my death.

X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒

The cobwebs on the crooked corners of my small room, the seven decaying skulls hanged up at the top of the shelf, the alarm still having a low beeping noise that rang ever so slightly.

I can see it, I can see you.

Who aligned those seven skulls together? I'm not sure, but is must have been one of you.

I'm not sure how I'm seeing it, or why I'm seeing this, but these words are getting harder to write with, my pen is starting to wobble.

I can't stop seeing.

X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒X⃒

"Run." such low voice of yours commanded and although I knew that this was just one of your ways to wage this endless war against my lies and deceitful smiles, I also knew that you were just too afraid to watch me die in that moment.

In your selfish mind, it is better to die than to watch me burn in hell because of you, in the arms of your dying wish.

You'd rather die first than suffer last.

"But I can't." I whispered quietly, still hearing the everlasting, guilty sound of the cracking fire that I had burned to ashes a long time ago.

Yet it was still as passionate as the day I had left it.

"You can...and you will." you forcefully took my by hand, as your eyes look at me dead in the eye with an angered expression while I shook out of your grasp.

"You better get out while you can, I'll deal with this myself." I kept looking at you the same way you had looked at me, which made you even more angrier, letting out a loud scoff from your lips.

"I'm not leaving you."

"I'm not asking you, don't ever think I'll make you try to stay." I decided to keep my ground up, demanding you to leave me to face what I had created and tried to destroy, with no remorse left in my body.

"And maybe when you get back, I'll be already off to find another way out of this place."

"You're still a good-for-nothing, you know that right?" a light chuckle escaped my lips at your poor attempt to try and insult me, for I already had endured many insults from my own self.

"And I'm not asking you either, you're coming me with me whether you like it or not." you grabbed my arm once more, the desperate and determined look on your face startled me, as the your fire-like eyes kept piercing through me.

This making it the perfect opportunity to run for it, while I was still completely unaware of what was going on.

The sweat that dripped down our backs and the fear of getting caught by the school guards or the monsters was weirdly exhilarating for me.

Probably because it was you who I was running away with and not away from.