Javier (Chapter 71)

Start from the beginning

"I know who I am but I think you aren't happy with who you are. Look at how you treat people. I get so sick and tired of you playing this "tough guy act". For what? Why be this mega bully to people? Like I get we are supposed to be tough but you cross the line. I get I am a cadet but I did a lot to earn some more respect, especially from you."

I stood up from my seat, we were both staring at each other. It was a long time coming. I don't know why I'm saying all of this now but she deserves to know what she's doing to people. I hate she gets away with it.

When I started to calm down I noticed her eyes were glossed over. She quickly turned around to leave.

"Ashley", I called out.

Damn it!

I didn't mean to make her upset. I started off after her. When I opened the door, my face hit someone.

"I'm terribly sorry, I didn't know you were on the other side."

When I saw who it was I froze. It was the lieutenant colonel, the highest rank of the Air Force.

"Was it you who made my daughter run out of here?"

"D-Daughter?"

"Yes, Ashley is my daughter. What did you say to her? I haven't seen her like that in years."

I really messed up!

"Sir I-I. To be honest...I told her the truth about herself. It's just...the way she was treating me and everyone was uncalled for so I kind of, told her off about herself. I swear I didn't mean to make her upset like that."

"I see."

My heart was racing. This is it for me, he's going to kick me out for good. Blacklist me so I can never become a soldier for any branch.

He let out a sigh.

"It's about time someone told her."

"Huh? I-I mean, sir...I-"

"She's had attitude problems for years, I can't go into detail but I agree. She goes too far for no reason. I tried telling her but she doesn't listen to me. You sure are something special to her."

"I am?"

"You must be the guy she refuses to tell me."

"She talks about me?"

"Yes, she mostly refers to you as that stupid boy but I know she means the opposite. I wish she would quit acting like that. She sure met her match today", he said with a chuckle.

"O-Oh."

"What is your name cadet?"

"O-Oh, right."

I stood up straight to salute him.

"I'm Javier Hernandez. Nice to meet you sir."

He smiled.

"Nice to meet you too son. I just stopped by to talk to Ashley but that can wait. I'm sure I'll see more of you now. Have a good day", he said as he gave a rough pat on y shoulder.

With that being said he turned to leave. I just stood there dumbfounded. I went on a rollercoaster of emotions within just a few seconds. I seriously need a break.

I left Ashely's office. My plan was to head over to my apartment, at least I could get a quick nap. My head hurts, I can't continue to work like this.

~

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. It was Sarina.