Tyler (Chapter 68)

Start from the beginning

"Nothing...", she said quietly, looking embarrassed.

I moved over, allowing her space to lie down next to me.

"I already know nothing means something."

"W-Well...I never heard you laugh before and...I really like it. It makes you more handsome", she said shyly.

I raised my eyebrows. 

"A laugh?"

"Yes, to me. I know it's dumb but I don't know how to explain it."

"I get it, just like your laugh is cute."

She perked up.

"It is?"

"Yes. I wish I could make you laugh more often though. I'm not good at it."

"It's a work in progress so I forgive you."

~

The sun lit up the room. I don't remember falling asleep. I guess we got tired from talking all night. With everything that happened yesterday, exhaustion hit us hard. Sarina was draped over me still asleep, I didn't want to wake her. She looks too comfortable.

"Good morning sunshine", Josh burst in to say.

I glared at him.

"Can you shut up for once", I whispered loudly.

"There's my bestie."

Sarina started moving and then woke up.

"Sleep well princess", Josh asked.

"Huh...o-oh...I guess...I must have knocked out. Are you okay Tyler? I'm sorry for sleeping on you."

"I'm fine."

"In other words, he liked you sleeping on him", Josh said.

"Shut up!"

"It's true, right?"

I just responded with another glare.

"Hey uncle Tyler! Sorry I didn't come in with Josh, I had to go pee right quick."

"I didn't have to know all that Masen."

He came over, practically pushing Sarina out of the way so he could hug me.

"Hey", she shouted.

"You were hogging him all night", he said with a pout.

Sarina huffed.

"I know you're okay but still, I was worried about you", I said. 

He stood up.

"I'm fine, I promise, just a small graze. Please don't worry about me", he said.

"I scared you didn't I? I'm sorry."

He shook his head.

"No, don't apologize. I understand."

"Okay guys, no more sad talk. Everyone came out of this just fine. We need to celebrate", Josh said excitedly.

"What happened to Quinn", I asked.

"He's locked up in a highly secured facility. He's not going anywhere nor his men will be able to come get him."

"Good. One of their most dangerous men is now gone, that should hit them hard", I said.

"Yeah, he was their hitman. If they want another one, they will have to find someone as sick as he is", Josh said.

"I doubt they will. Has everything else been taken care of at the school", I asked.