Tyler(Chapter 60)🔞

Start from the beginning

"That is true. He has black market equipment, which may be more advanced than what you have."

"My other sergeant, Ashley, has access to military-grade equipment only the both of us are able to use. I just never put it into action. I didn't have the opportunity to do so just yet."

"Is there anything you can find out in the meantime? Anyway he could have left any traces of where they are located?"

"I doubt it. Most likely everything is encrypted. I can try but I feel like it's a waste of time. He would have been taught to never leave a trace. He's a professional gang member, I hate to say it but it's true. He's been at it for years now."

I let out a sigh. He's right.

What's left of the scene is all we have to go on.

"Even though I can't do anything about Cosen right now, I can at least check the library's system to make sure it's secure this time around so something like this won't happen again", he said.

"Good idea.Thanks for the help."

"No problem sir."

I dug into my pocket and then let out a frustrated sigh as I couldn't find what I needed.

"I got it", Josh said.

He gave me one of his cigarettes and lit it.

"Sorry, I forgot to buy some more", I said.

"It's no big deal."

He started smoking with me.

"Now what", he asked.

"Just continue to conduct the usual investigation. We'll have to contact these parents and bring them down to Miles so he can start the interrogations. We have to find out what their conversations were with Quinn."

"There's a high possibility they won't talk because Quinn threatened them to keep quiet."

"Or he bribed them to keep quiet. Remember, Cosen wants some type of control, they want power. If they can get some of the most important people who run this country to come on their side, we are all doomed", I said.

"So this is the start of it."

"Yeah...it is."

"If they bribed them with money, what can top that? What can we provide that will make them talk", Josh asked.

"Nothing but their motivation to bring justice. Unfortunately, people choose greed over doing what's right. They rather save their own skin than benefit everyone else as a whole."

"Yeah, too bad heroes come in short supply."

We were walking around the property of the library, just thinking of what to do.

"Hey, these are students right? Is there any chance one of them goes to the same school as Masen", Josh asked.

"Yeah, there's a possibility. What of it?"

"Look, I know you'll hate this idea but--"

"Absolutely not!"

Josh didn't say anything after that, he knew I was pissed off now.

"I'm not dragging Masen into this. He was a part of a gang before, I'm not putting him into a similar situation, it's dangerous."

"I know it is and I don't want him to get involved too but...damn it Tyler, we don't know what else to do, okay?! You hate losing people as much as I do. I can't stand this shit anymore but...if we come up with something where Masen's safe, we won't have to rely on undercover officers or informants. He's a real student and he's popular in school, he's one of the top kids, everyone knows him. No one would bat an eye if he hangs out with students to find out some more information, we can keep him safe."