6.

TEJASSWI'S HOUSE

" The doctor did an ultrasound and the results came. " She took a deep breathe and continued

" The doctor said there's cancer in my pancreas . " she shut her eyes tightly not wanting to take in the reactions of her parents .

KARAN'S HOUSE

He reread the lines again and again that stated there was cancer in her pancreas. It had been a few minutes and he wasn't able to move from his car. Tear drops fell on the file pages making it wet. He couldn't care though. All he cared about right now was his laddoo.

TEJASSWI'S HOUSE

The gasps of her parents made the bottled up tears come out. She sobbed along her mother as she hugged her tight .

" Kaise... Yeh ... sab. Teja tune kuch bataya kyu nahi ? Itne time tag akele sehti rahi " Her mother's voice broke and her heart pained at the sight

" I am sorry I didn't tell you . Mujhe khud hi samajh nahi araha tha kuch . Aaj himmat hui hai apko batane ki" She sniffed a little as she saw her aai bawling holding her and she could see her dad trying to control his tears.

" Yeh theek ho jayega na teju ? Have you consulted the best doctors ? "

" Doesn't matter. You are going with me to the hospital tomorrow. And i am going to make sure this will be removed as soon as possible " Her baba rambled and she choked on a sob , smiling softly at her baba's concern

" Baba ,Relax  ! " She left her aai's embrace and shifted closer to baba. The while family in tears not knowing what to say. It was hard to believe the girl was in pain all along. She never made it look like she was ill .

" I am on medication right now. The doctors are waiting to check if the therapy will work or not. " She paused a little letting all the information slowly , she knew it will be difficult to take in everything together.

" But the cancer is not at the early stage   It's already too late. So they have to do the surgery to remove the cancer. " She explained in a slow voice .

" Thank god . Teju we shouldn't do any delay in this . We'all ask for an earliest date for the surgery  "

" Kya hua ? " Her aai asked as she didn't respond to her father's statement , instead just lowered her head.

" I don't think getting surgery is the -  "

" No stop , ham kuch nahi sun rahe. Aur teju yeh life ka matter hai bachha isme koi choice hi ni hai " He mother carressed her face.

" The survival rate is only 15 %  Mumma . It's almost gonna shift to the last stage. What's even the use of getting the surgery when nothing's going to be alright. " She shouted a little , herself a crying mess and ran to her room

She didn't want her life to end like this. She wanted to travel , She wanted to try different cuisines , she wanted to be their for her parents when they grow older , she wanted to dance in Pratik's wedding , least but not the last , she wanted to live a life with Karan . Her love !

Her body shook incontrollably as she brokedown thinking of all the possible things she could have done with life .

****

' Symptoms of pancreatic exocrine cancer'

' Stages of cancer in pancreas '

' Treatment '

' Types of Therapy for pancreatic cancer '