Seven

Reighlynn's POV

Honestly, I felt so stupid. I knew how he was like, yet I still went out with him. And then Jace came to my rescue?

"Are you okay, Reigh?" I heard Jace say. I didn't turn to him. I just kept my eyes on the trees that were passing by. I nodded my head saying yes, even though deep down inside, I knew it was a lie.

Twenty minutes later we arrived back at the house. I got out of Jace's car without saying a word and went into the house. I climbed my stairs and stormed into my room where I changed into sweatpants and a tank top and just sat on my bed.

How come I didn't even think to ask Aiden about Logan? If I did, I'm sure tonight would have went so much better. I could've stayed at home instead of going out only to be ditched for two brunettes.

"Reigh?" I heard someone speak from my door. I picked my head up to see Jace standing in the doorway wearing sweatpants and no shirt. It took all I had not to keep my eyes on his body.

"What, Jace?" I said, dropping my head back down to look at the patterns on my blanket. He didn't say anything else, but I heard the floor creak below his feet as he walked towards my bed. I felt the bed sink and I looked up, seeing Jace sitting at the foot of my bed watching me.

"You're not okay, Reigh. I know you're not. You're eyes are sad," Jace scooted closer to where his knees touched the tip of my feet.

"I'm okay, Jace. This kind of things happen. I should've known better," I shook my head thinking that I must seem like an idiot to Jace. He knew how Logan was.

"It's not okay. You don't deserve that, Reigh. You deserve so much better," I looked at Jace as he said those words. The only time he was ever nice to me was the other night when he told me he thought I was beautiful. "I'm being completely honest, Reighlynn."

"Jace, I feel so stupid actually. I should've asked you or Aiden about him before I ever went out with him," I put my face in my hands and shook my head. I felt my bed move then I felt Jace's body next to mine. When his right arm brushed my left, I got goosebumps. I looked up at him, his eyes looking right back.

"Yes, you should've asked me or Aiden. We would have told you that he's a complete idiot. He doesn't care about girls' feelings. He's think with his other head, if you know what I mean," he pointed to his penis and I just laughed.

"Yeah, I got it Jace," I shook my head and smiled at him. He has his moments were he can be extremely nice. I like this side of him. It makes me feel like he isn't the heartless bastard everyone says he is.

"Promise me something, Reigh," Jace's voice surprised me. All joking matter left and was replaced by a serious tone. His eyes looking into mine. "Promise me you won't do it again."

"What? Go out with Logan? Trust me, you won't ha-"

"No," Jace said, cutting me off, he looked away for a moment thenet my eyes again. "Promise me you won't go out with another guy." And with that Jace got up and left my room.

I was in shock. He doesn't want me to date anyone? He didn't even clarify what he meant by that!

I flung my covers off my body and got up to walk to his room.

------

Jace's POV

After I left Reighlynn's room, I went to my own. I thought over what I said. I was going to tell her not to date Logan again, but then part of me didn't want her to date anyone. At all. That part of me wants her all to myself.

As I was thinking about why I didn't stop myself from saying that, there was a knock at my door.

"Come in," I said. The door creaked open, revealing Reighlynn standing behind it.

"Can I talk to you?" She asked and she started walking towards my bed. She sat down on it and crossed her legs, looking at me.

"Yeah, what's up?" I knew what she was going to ask. I just told her to not date anyone and then I left; not explaining a word to her as to why.

"Why do you want me to promise you that?" She eyed me curiously, biting on her lip. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. Here we go.

"I don't know. I just don't want to see you get hurt?" I didn't sound so sure with my answer and she caught it. She rolled her eyes and moved closer.

"That's bullshit, Jace, and you know it. Tell me the real answer," she scooted closer, making me crazy. I can still smell the perfume lingering on her body. She always did this to me. Every time she's close, it takes all I have not to grab her and pull her to my body, feeling every bit of her. She's irresistible and she doesn't even know it.

She makes me insane. The way she smiles, the way she bits her lip. The way she does everything.

"I can't, Reigh," I said taking my eyes off of her. I heard her let out a dry laugh, inching closer.

"Yes, you can!" Her hand reached out and grabbed my face, making me look at her. Her bright blue eyes held my attention. "Why, Jace?"

"I just don't want you to!" I snapped, pulling my head from her hands. "I don't want you too because you don't know how guys are! They see you and think that you're so beautiful and want to take advantage of you! And you don't know any better!" I was yelling and I didn't even care.

"Jace, stop yelling. You're going to wake my parents," That's all she said. She didn't address any of the other things I said. "And I'm sure that what you're saying is true, but your eyes are telling me something different."

"Just leave, Reighlynn," I said. She didn't budge. She got closer. So close that I could feel her breath on my skin. I felt her hands on my face again.

"Why, Jace?"

And that's when I snapped. I pulled her to me and just kissed her. I kissed her like I wanted to ever since the first time I laid eyes on her the moment I walked through the door and honestly, this is the best kiss ever. The way her lips moved against mine made my body weak. Taking in her scent, I pull her closer. She wraps her hers around my neck and her legs around my waist.

It felt so surreal; kissing her. It felt like no other kiss that I have had. Having her close like I wanted made my sink ignite with flames. She made me feel everything at once.

She pulled away, her eyes locked with mine and with one breath, she said, "That was the answer I wanted."

------------------------------

ayyyye, I'm so sorry I take forever to update, but tell me how you feel about this one❤