Chapter 8 : Kiyomi Seringai or Seringai Kiyomi

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry father."

"NOT GOOD ENOUGH!" Achara suddenly yelled, "if something were to happen to me you are to lead this gang. How is my mind going to be at ease, if this is how you are going to behave? Is this the sort of attitude to have?"

The silence is the room was deafening. Na-Bi almost felt sorry for Thyme.

"Tell me Thyme? Do you want to lead The Black Nabi after me? DO YOU?!"

"Yes father."

"THEN START ACTING LIKE YOU DESERVE IT!"

"If anything like this ever happens again there will be consequences! Do I make myself clear?!" He asked.

"Yes Father."

"Yes Achara."

"And Na-Bi, you are not here to be babysat. I expect you, both of you to behave."

Na-Bi looked at him and nodded her head in approval before looking back down again.

"Now I don't know what happened between you two, but it ends right here! Now get out of my sight the pair of you!"

The two walked out of his office quietly. Thyme grabbed Na-Bi wrist as soon as they left his father's office. "This, this is not over!" He hissed.

Na-Bi scoffed in disbelief. They had just gotten told off by Achara and he's still not making up with her. She couldn't believe it. He really is a spoiled brat, she thought. But maybe she took it to far by kicking him. She wasn't sure. She wasn't sure about many things.

                                     ***

Achara watched the two quickly leave, before opening his middle desk drawer. He carefully picked up the photo frame and turned it around. He stared at the picture, it consisted of two men. One of the men was no other than Achara himself. And the other was a man wearing a similar suit as Achara. They had one of their arms across each other's backs smiling like there was no tomorrow. Like it was them against the world.

"Na-Bi! Thyme!" Achara exclaimed, "what are you two doing?"

A little girl, with a cut on her bottom lip, ran up to Achara crying. "Thyme broke Kiyomi!"

"No I didn't! She did! And his name is Seringai!" A little boy exclaimed with a bruise on his left cheekbone.

Achara sighed. "Did you two have a fight?"

"It's Kiyomi!"

"Seringai!"

"Kiyomi!"

"Serin-"

"-Oh damn! Stop it the pair of you!" Achara laughed rolling his eyes. They truly were a troublesome pair.

"What's all the fuss about?" The man next to Achara in the photo asked walking in.

"It's about that damn teddy bear Jae-on. We should have got them one each."

Jae-on laughed as he walked towards his little girl. "Oh, that. Forget two teddy bears we can fill both your bedrooms with teddy bears!"

"But daddy I want Kiyomi!" The little girl wailed.

"It's Seringai! And he's mine" the little boy spoke back.

"Thyme!" Achara sighed, "come on give me the teddy bear."

"Achara will fix it and if both of you won't learn to share it then we'll take it."

"NO!" The two children exclaimed in unison.

"Okay fine we'll share it" Na-Bi exclaimed.

"Good, now that's sorted of you two go. Go and play with each other no fighting, okay?" Jae-on said dabbing his daughter's cut with a tissue before tapping Thyme's head.

"What about its name" Thyme asked.

"Why don't you call it Kiyomi Seringai?" Achara asked.

They both nodded approvingly, before walking of with the teddy bear and a piece of its ripped arm.

The two men watched their children squabble on their way to the garden.

"How about Seringai Kiyomi?"

"No Kiyomi Seringai is fine."

"Why does Kiyomi have to be first, Seringai's definitely a better first name!"

"Uh...no. Kiyomi is fine."

"Yeah, but Seringai..."

Achara chuckled a little, shaking his head. It was the first time he'd smiled in a very long time. His face darkened as he slowly came back to reality. He tossed the photo back into the drawer and slammed it shut.