XIII

Please read the author's note!

(A/N: Oh my gosh! We're getting so close to the end of this book! That's insane! This book has been so fun to write, a lot of work has been put into this book. I had decided I will be making a book 2! Yep! I am going to have to make some OCs so that's going to be super fun! I don't know the exact plot yet because it's still in the making but I do have a couple of characters already made! But, I know some people don't really like books after a book so I am going to make an alternative ending. The first ending is going to be the original ending leading to a second book and then the alternative is just going to be where it ends. BUT I do encourage you to read the second book! Thank you for reading this author's note. Remember to vote and comment!)

"Nothing, I'm fine. Just nerves. Go, follow them. I'll be right behind, I swear" She tells me brushing it off.

I hesitated for a moment before taking a step backward and following the two guys. I glance back at Sae who slowly follows behind me leaving some space between us. I wonder if this is because of what I did, pushing that man. Maybe she was mad at me. But I knew it was something more.

Y/n's POV

We made our way through the game hall. Sang-woo led us behind a guard, then Gi-hun then me then Sae. I looked back at Sae a couple of times checking on her. When she noticed I was checking on her she'd glance up for a moment. I was really worried about her.  She held onto her right wrist with her left hand hiding something on her right side. Sweat was dripping down her face and pieces of glass were in her hair. I wanted to hug her and ask her what was wrong but I had to wait. I wondered if she was upset with me for pushing that man. It wasn't my fault though, Sang-woo was going to push me if I didn't push him, plus the man was running down the time. I still felt extremely guilty, I was the cause of the man's death.

We all made it to the bunk room. All the beds were gone except for four. Two were on the back wall far from each other and the other two were on the right and left wall. All the beds were really far apart. The room was completely empty other than that, it looked so odd without all the bunks. 

I noticed movement out of the corner of my eye so I looked. Sae limped over to her bed, her posture was really bad. She made her way to the bed on the left wall. She carefully sat down still holding onto her side. 

Did she get hurt? I wondered continuing to watch her with worry.

I made my way over to the bed on the far wall closest to Sae's. I walked relatively slow, with no rush to make it there. My feet dragged onto the floor, I had little to no energy to lift them. The last two games have been so exhausting. It was only the four of us left, we'd have to compete against each other. 

A hand was placed on my shoulder and I stopped walking. I turned and saw Gi-hun with a blank expression make his way in front of me. His face softened looking at mine, his eyes looked so sad and tired. He left his hand on my shoulder.

"Why'd you do that?" He asks me softly blinking.

"Do what?" I ask in a hesitant tone.

"Push that man," He tells me raising his head a little. "That isn't like you..."

"You don't know what I'm like" I put up a wall and tell him in a snotty tone.

"Yes, I do," He tells me.