IV

Game two Honeycomb

Y/n POV

The same classical music from before was playing. I leaned up and saw some of the other players getting up and walking around, some staying in bed. I seemed to be one of the last people to have woken up. A wave of regret-filled me realizing what I had done but I knew I had to be here. Oddly enough it seemed a lot of the people came back, more than I expected. Soon I found myself looking for recognizable players like 456, 101, 067... My eyes found each of them, 101 first getting off his bed, 456 waking up totally dazed, and 067 sitting in her bed looking around at the people. Her bed was in the same spot just a couple of beds over.

 I couldn't help but wonder if she was looking for anyone in particular...

I continued staring at her. She seemed so focused looking at people. Most of the front of her hair was pushed behind her ears and it stuck up in odd spots due to the wolfcut.

- - -

We had been given food, they barely talked to us before giving us food. We had rice, an egg, and some vegetables in a little tin. (I apologize if that's not what they actually had)

The rice was cold, but it was fine it tasted fine either way. I ate it all, every bit before returning the tin. The food was absolutely delicious, really, it tasted like food my grandma would make when she was alive. I sat on the steps right next to my bed and rested my head against a metal bar that held the beds together. I sat with my eyes closed and my mind closed. People were chatting, laughing, finishing up their dinners as if tomorrow a bunch of us aren't gonna die, but I suppose we should try and stay upbeat and happy. My comfortable blank space had been broken when I heard the sounds of shoes walking up the stairs. I open my eyes staring down at my shoes, I scooched over so the person that was walking past could get past but instead of walking past the walking stopped right beside me. I looked up and saw Sae-Byeok, she looked down at me with her hands in her pockets like always...

"Hey" I smile warmly.

"Hi" She blinks. "Mind if I sit?"

"No, not at all!" I smile and move over a little more.

She carefully sits down next to me. Our shoulders were touching but there was enough space for both of us to sit comfortably. I assumed she wanted to talk to me, why'd she just want to come over and sit next to me otherwise. My gaze landed on her, her eyes were focused on something else. I followed her gaze with my eyes and stared at 101, 212, and some of their goons. To me it looked like 101 had formed a group, it was a group of all males mostly taller more muscular, and some just average dad bodies. There was one woman in the group he had his arm wrapped around. I noticed they kept looking over at us and giving us odd looks, not like weirded out looks more like waiting for the right time to pounce type of look. Some of them looked at us with smirks and crazed eyes making me feel very uncomfortable.

"I want you to watch out for 101" Sae-Byeok told me. "I noticed they kept looking over at you. They might want revenge since you helped me..."

"Did they form a group?" I ask worriedly.

"From what it looks like,-" She turns and looks at me with a blank expression. "Yes"

"I'm assuming there the biggest threat" I sigh.

"101... He's definitely not someone to mess around with" She tells me sincerely. "Just keep an eye out better, these people are hungry for blood"

"And you aren't?" I mutter.

"No, not blood... money" She sighs looking down at her lap. "I don't want anyone to die, but... I need the money"

"Why?" I ask but quickly realize that might have sounded rude. "I mean, like why do you need it. Like... If you were to win the money how'd you spend it?"