"Of course I trust them merlin! I trust these people more then anyone else. I wouldn't choose them if I didn't trust them" Arthur answered rolling his eyes at his manservant who sat on the edge of the bed. "Then you have nothing to worry about" Merlin said simply, smiling at his king.

⚔️

"So who do you think on the list?" Gwaine leaning back in his chair glancing around at his fellow knights, names were thrown around which included themselves for a few minutes

"Merlin" Leon contributed his thoughts, the conversation when still at the knights thought about the manservant. "The boy is basically an unofficial advisor already. He is the reason this is happening in the first place, it was Merlin's idea" Leon explained drinking the last of his drink.

"Merlin is a good friend, he is the reason half of us are here" Gwaine said getting a chorus of agreements. "A good friend indeed, his loyalty to Arthur is unbreakable." Percival commented.

"Two sides of the same coin" Lancelot said remembering the quote that Merlin told him about with his talks to the great dragon.

⚔️

When morning came everyone was anxious to find out the new advisory team. Merlin was surprised to see the prince already up and half dressed. Laughing merlin helped his king, giving him a much needed pep talk, which Arthur was thankful for though he never mentioned it.

The two walked down the halls, bickering as always. "I hope I made the right choice" Arthur muttered earning him a slap to the back of his head. "Merlin!"

"Stop doubting your self! If you would trust your decision half as much as I trust you, I wouldn't have to slap you" Merlin retorted flashing a comforting grin. Arthur relaxed his shoulders, the word of his servant calming his doubt.

Arthur sighed handing Merlin a piece of parchment that had a list of names, "allow these people in. They will join me at the table." Arthur ordered as he walked in to the room.

Merlin looked down the list of eleven names, none his own. Merlin didn't know why he was disappointed that his name wasn't on there, he knew he had no right to sit beside Arthur as he is only a lowly servant. He hoped that maybe Arthur would see merlin more then just a another servant for all the tough times they have been through together.

Gwen greeted him with a kind smile, pressing a kiss to his cheek as they greeted each other. "What are you waiting for?" Gwen asked with raised eyebrows, merlin looked confused at her, "I've been put on charge on allowing certain people in" merlin said holding the parchment paper up as he opened the door for her "ill save you a seat" Gwen said over her shoulder.

The knights all came through greeting Merlin, asking the same question Gwen did just moments ago. "Ah well we shall see you in there" Lancelot said patting the boy's shoulder waking in with the rest of the group. Gaius walked in too, along with the last few people that made up the eleven chosen.

The group were standing around talking to each other before Arthur asked them to sit down as Merlin closed the doors. Everyone sat down in their preferred seats, a few casting confused glances at each other on why Merlin wasn't joining them at the table.

"Merlin why aren't you sitting?" Gwen asked confused easing an eyebrow at the boy, before it dawned on her that Merlin wasn't chosen. The knights stoped their chatter looking at merlin who stood in the same place, humbled that they thought he was worthy enough to have a seat.

"Why would a lowly servant have a seat?" One of the older advisors Sir Howard, who kept their place asked.

"Half the man who sit beside you were lowly servants. As well as your queen " Gwaine snapped back glaring at the man who's eyes widened slightly before back paddling "yes that is true, and I apologise malady, but you have earned your place as knights and being the queen its only expected that you sit by the king. the serving boy how ever is just like any other servant." The man argued back which didn't do much to calm the tempers of the knights.

"Guys it's fine, I'm still here aren't I?" Merlin interjected, as he held up the the jug of water, which didn't do anything to calm the arguing committee. He sighed figuring there was no point being on the committee since no one seems listens to him anyway.

"Merlin is the most disobedient servants i have ever come across" Leon stated truthfully, merlin flinched at the comment slightly taken back that the knight who he thought were on good terms with would talk lowly of him so publicly.

"Arthur has told merlin multiple times to run, leave or hide in times of battle or war but he never listened, instead he fought by our side, with no weapon, no armour, no training. No mater how great or how outnumbered the opponent, merlin has always been by Arthur's side. Remember sir, A servant duty's only lie with in Camelot's walls, yet merlin has rode by our side on every quest for the past 3 Years." Leon said making Merlin frown disappear and turn into a humbled smile.

"Merlin is also a clumsy fool that cant go 5 minutes without making a complete fool of him self."Percival added before the man could argue his case.

"Creating the most noise on hunting trips. Having a tendency to conveniently trip over thin air when Arthur is taking a shot at any animal. Therefore making trips take twice as long for a small catch" Percival surprisingly spoke up, the knights snickering at the fact, merlin grinned sheepishly being caught at the guilty act.

"Merlin is also stubborn, awkward and smart mouthed, he talks back to the king, insults the king, threatens the king, yells at the king, makes the king look like a fool. Has gotten put in the stocks so much that no one throws rotten fruit at him no more." Gwaine added shaking his head with a chuckle.

"And as much as it is entertaining to watch, That lowly servant you speak of, is the only one who has the nerve to tell Arthur when he is wrong, advise him when there are decisions to be made, writes speeches for that the king which he uses. Merlin is the reason half of us commoners are knights, he is part of the reason why a maid is now the queen." Gwaine said looking back merlin giving him a nod.

"That boy you class as a lowly servant has been advising Arthur ever since he got here, Sir Howard. He has made Arthur into the man he is today. Merlin has one of the kindest and humble hearts here, he's proven his loyalty to Arthur. Merlin is not just any servant, he is a friend of mine, the knights and as much as they complain about each other, he is a friend of Arthur. A close friend that deserves a seat on this table more then any of us here" Gwen spoke up, directing the last sentence to Arthur.

Arthur stared in amazement at the group of arguing adults. He never expected such a backlash about something he never really thought about, but now he thinks about it, he feels stupid for not including Merlin. The one boy who he trusts completely and has become the one who Arthur turns to for praise and judgment.

"As much as I'm honoured that you chose me to sit here I'm going to have to decline sire. Gwen is right, merlin deserves a seat more then any of us" Lancelot said making Merlin's jaw drop as he shook his head.

"Sir Lancelot! Sit down." Arthur commanded loudly, making the the hall go silent. Arthur walked to the side of the hall grabbing a spare chair.

"You can't be serious? Your letting a serving boy a seat on the committee?!" Sir Howard shouted outraged, seemingly not to of heard a word that was spoken, Arthur halted, looking up at the outraged man.

"Thank you Sir Howard, you've saved me from going through the trouble" Arthur said putting the chair down and walking to the table, Sir Howard looking smug with himself. "Why get a new chair when Merlin can use yours" Arthur continued, Sir Howard's jaw dropped.

Sir Howard was removed from the room kicking and screaming in outrage, Gwaine got up from his place next Arthur, walking to the spare seat. "Merlin?" Arthur questioned gesturing to the chair beside him.

"Nah, I don't really fancy it"

"You don't have a choice"

"Okay" Merlin sighed and sat down, which earned laughs from everyone at the table.