3

Kaia hummed softly to herself, sat in Taehyung's car. Jeju was in the back, more room back there for him anyways. She really enjoyed being with Taehyung. He was really calm and comforting. They sat in silence for about 20 minutes, not a hint of tension between them.

It was really nice for both of them.

"Seoul is beautiful." Kaia spoke up, staring at the bright lights of the city. "I already love it here."

"It's an endless fantasy." Taehyung agreed, turning the heat up a little, noticing her tense arms. "Much different than Ohio?"

"Very different." Kaia giggled softly, her phone dinging in her lap. A smile remained on her face as she texted the person back.

Taehyung looked over at her, seeing Kaia smile while she texted. "Boyfriend? Girlfriend?" Taehyung smiled wider once Kaia looked up at him, shock on her face.

"No." Kaia chuckled and tapped her phone against her hand, smiling still. "It's my little sister. She's telling me what she's done today."

"How old is she?" Taehyung asked, turning onto a new street.

"Twelve." Kaia smiled fondly, waiting for her sister's reply. "My brother just turned 16, and then the twins are 10."

"What a wonderful family." Taehyung smiled over at her. "I have two younger siblings."

"I love them." Kaia nodded, turning off her phone as they stopped at a red light. "I don't know what I would do without them."

Taehyung glanced over at her, watching her sigh sadly, staring out the window. "I'm sure you miss them a lot."

"More than I thought I would." Kaia responded quickly, desperate to let her emotions and words out. They've been shoved down her throat for so long, she just wanted to talk about it. Jeju's already heard some of it, but a conversation is what she longed for. "I help so much at home and they depend on me so much."

Taehyung remained silent, noticing the words pouring out of her. She had paused, either regretting what she revealed or not entirely knowing how to form the words she wanted to. He was having his own conversation with himself. 'What really has happened to her mom? And she said her father is "sometimes" home. What is she hiding?'

"It was a hard decision leaving." Kaia hugged herself, crossing her legs. "George made me."

"Your brother, I presume?" Taehyung turned into BigHit's street, seeing the building a little while ahead. She nodded. "The older one?"

"Oldest other than me." Kaia hummed, looking back at Jeju to make sure he was okay. "We're close." She mumbled, shutting her gates now. That's all she would say, nothing more. No history, no stories. Just his name.

Taehyung would wait patiently outside her gates. He would be ready for when she decided to let him or any of the boys in. He would talk to her outside of her gate, not caring if she responded from inside. But he would make sure she knew he cared, and he wasn't leaving.

Taehyung parked the car, making sure they were facing the building, letting Kaia take it all in. He unbuckled, silence filling the air as he turned the car off, waiting for Kaia's next move.

"I made it."

"You made it." Taehyung kept his eyes on the building, not wanting to rush her. He remembered being in her position. Sat in the car with his mom, his hands pulling at his brand new jacket she had bought him. His first day at the company. His father couldn't make it because of the work at the farm, but he remembered to give him a big hug good luck. "You ready for this?"

Kaia took a deep breath before nodding, unbuckling herself. "One step at a time."

She got out of the car first, wondering if she should memorize the smell of the air, or the rough breeze, maybe the parking spot they were in. As she was trying to decide this all, her body went on autopilot, opening the door for Jeju to walk out.