Who We Are

That night, Bobby and Otis returned to the farm, one carrying a dead deer, and the other one the guns.

To say that Singer was glad to see Daryl was an understatement, though I suspected he was still upset at him for the way he had reacted when I told him the truth. Even more disappointed because he let me go, despite the world being this mad, without even questioning where exactly I was going. Or offering to tag along. But Bobby didn't show it too much. He was happy to have Daryl back, safe and sound.

Herschel had stated that they needed more antibiotics for Sophia, after she developed an infection in one of the many scratches she suffered while being dragged all the way up to the mine by that creature.

More bandages and IV's were needed as well. I offered myself up for that job, but they prohibited me from leaving the farm again. Even though that was the task I was assigned to complete that day: Get the supplies.

Patricia said I looked exhausted and needed rest. I disagreed. I needed something, anything really, to keep my mind off Missouri's death and mysterious last words. "He did it."

I didn't know any supernatural creature that could take a whole building down. And the ones that were known to be capable of such thing, should not be walking the earth. Besides, one would argue, Missouri's powers should have warned her of the danger coming her way. She wouldn't have stayed if she knew. She wouldn't have risked her people's lives. So what stopped her from seeing into the future?

I felt a tap on my shoulder and instinctively reacted, standing up from the steps leading to the porch. "Hey, I'm friendly. I promise." The man with dark hair, green eyes and white complexion said.

I scoffed at Ketch and looked around. The farm was nice during the day, but it sure was unsettling at night. The dark woods surrounding us made me wonder what could be hiding in them, watching us from afar. "You were never friendly."

He outlined a smile and walked down the steps to meet me. "Fair enough." He chuckled. "I just wanted to tell you, that you did a great job finding that little girl." He seemed shy, like he meant those words, but he never intended to say them out loud. "I have one last question, however. Why Georgia?" The tone in his voice sounded genuine, and quite honestly, it was a good question. why Georgia? Why not Kansas, or South Dakota?

"Well, I've heard they have the best peanut butter in the country, so... I couldn't resist." I said jokingly. Ketch gave me a serious glare and I rolled my eyes as a sigh escaped my lips. "The angels torched Bobby's place when, one night, they found us. I had met up with Bela, well, Maggie, at her home. I was looking for the Colt. Ever since Jack and I woke up here, I tried to get a hold of all of the artifacts and weapons my brothers and I owned back home. I even rewrote my father's journal. I know every word he wrote in those pages, but I still did it anyway. I think it's more of a comfort thing for me. Anyways, the angel that found us was Castiel. But he was nothing like my Cas. He tried to attack us, which left me with no other option but to use my powers to protect us. That sent me into their radar immediately. We ran. I tried to put as much distance between us and him as possible. At that time, I was renting a small apartment in a small town in Kansas. I thought Bobby was our best shot, his home was protected from any celestial being ever created. We couldn't hide in Kansas, they would turn the state upside down in order to find us. One hour after we arrived at Bobby's, there were ten angels at the front door. They bent down, and said something in Enochian. This melted the sigils, like a ball of ice cream under the hot sun. So we fought. But there were too many of them. So we ran. We put Sioux Falls in our rear view mirror and started again in Georgia. Got some extra sigils to protect ourselves. To hide us from them, and Jack and I promised to never use our powers again. Kept us safe for a while. Until now..." Ketch listened closely and didn't even attempt to interrupt the narration. But he did look pensive. "Bobby went to live in an old scrap yard very similar to the one the angels burnt to the ground, and I found a small cabin outside of town."