Luminescent Cobalt Blue

Start from the beginning

After my shower I'm rushing to find clothes to wear, I exit the bathroom in a towel only to find my room empty; no sign of Kilian. Oddly, a strange semblance of relief sweeps through my body. I shrug it off as nerves because of my plans and continue with my dressing.
Looking through every inch of every dresser in the room I realize I'd find nothing.
Nothing at all, I'd come to this inn with only a dress.

Realization dawns me at the same time I hear a knock on my door.
My cloak! It housed my grimoire. When was the last time I'd had had it? Before we'd gotten ready for the ball in the woods.

       I grunt in frustration, tightening my towel and blowing wet strands of hair out of my face as I make my way to the door.
   I couldn't see why Kilian would leave if he was just going to make me open the door again, hopefully he'd bring a wardrobe filled with outfits too.

I grip the doorknob and swing it open, ready to see a simmering demon; but instead a half breed is in its wake.

Callence. My body hums out as I once again suck in a sharp breath in surprise.
His arm is resting on the arch above us lazily, his golden brown curls falling over his forehead as he stares down at me with his thickly rimmed eyelashes framing those cobalt blue eyes. His body stature was no joke, muscles framed every ounce of his body, and if I had to bet— I'd say that he'd been raised training alongside Kilian and their father for the war.

He'd had a grin on his face, a five o'clock shadow appearing but not enough to cover the dimple. It was as if he was going to say something, but lost all train of thought coming face to face with me. His grin slipped off his face, and he'd almost looked...ravished. The hunger was clear, but then— almost swiftly, his nostrils flared as he inhaled.

"You— you smell different." His voice was a bit deeper, almost as if he was speaking with his chest— or something was speaking with him. Animalistic and pissed off.
His hand gripped the doorframe harder, and it looked as if it would crack under pressure. I open my mouth to say something, confused ebbing my every being, but he'd swiftly relaxed once again, as if nothing had ever happened.

I furrow my eyebrows as he closes his eyes, a smile forming on his face.
His hand is still gripping the door frame, but his facial expressions said otherwise.

"I actually wanted to speak to you once I got dressed..." I trail off as I stare up at him. He's biting his lip slightly now, a fang poking out as he opens his eyes and chuckles darkly.

"I brought you some breakfast, and a dress that I thought would bring out your eyes." He says tightly.

"I'm confused." I say, almost because I had nothing other to say. What was going on today? Was there something in that tea I drank yesterday?

"He took it." He says, hand gripping the doorway even harder now, causing small pebbles of rubble to fall onto the floor between us. I furrow my eyebrows.

"Took it? Took what?" I ask, glancing behind him at the cart of assorted breakfasts. Fruits, meats, eggs, hash browns, coffee and tea, pancakes, and most importantly— a rose. I stiffen slightly as he inhales again, this time when he opens his eyes, they're a luminescent cobalt blue.

"Something that wasn't his to take." He says, and then once again— chuckles darkly. Grimly. A dark grating sound that made the hairs on my arms stand, and yet— no fear came about me.

"I have some... important business to take care of before our talk." He says, reaching out to grasp my chin. His fingers splay out around my jawline and borderline throat, but no pressure is added to his hold. His glowing eyes observe me intensely, but I just lean into his touch.

It's an instant reaction, and I honestly should feel guilt for doing it— but I can't. Not when it's all my body is singing for me to do.

I'm a whore. I'm a whore and I'm going to hell. I'm in hell currently, but I mean the fire one.

He licks his lips slowly, tilting his head to the side, and then he leans into the base of my throat smelling once more.

"I'm going to kill him." That other worldly voice says, and then without another word he's stalking away, his talk frame no longer taking up my doorway. I sag against the door frame breathing hard, and then without another thought, I pull in the tray filled with breakfast and slam my room door shut.

                I scan the cart and manage to find a lower cabinet with a neatly folded dress.

            It's a sea blue color with slight undertones of gold, the fabric silken and... expensive looking. There were dainty ruffles on the sides, and honestly? It wasn't anything I'd ever pictured myself in, yet I couldn't wait to don the dainty exquisite dress. A golden necklace was placed underneath the dress, a thin gold chain and a small golden rose on a thorn littered stem as a pendant.

      I bite my lip, feeling so many things at once.

        I'm too young to be trying to decipher and decode all of my emotions at once— fuck, I'd need a therapist for that; and there aren't any in Settrinos that's for sure.
    I let out a snort at the thought of a woman sporting curved horns atop her head, sitting on a couch with a little notebook on her lap.

            Instead of thinking anymore, I decide to wear the beautiful outfit and eat the delicious food— I mean, I didn't have any other choice besides walking around like eve right?

          So with a coy smile, I tug the towel off and don the dress, feeling prettier than I've ever felt in my life.