Tyler (Chapter 30)

Start from the beginning

While I was happy to close the Dupont case, it left me exhausted. When pieces of a puzzle continue to connect, I kept going until I find the conclusion. It doesn't matter if I keep going for days at a time. It was worth it. 

I cleared my desk a bit to look at the calendar on my desk. Sarina got back in town Monday, it's Wednesday now. She hasn't contacted me since. I didn't want to bother her as she must be busy doing things with her family and maybe resting up from the flight. I hope she isn't any trouble anymore because of me. It was the only option I had in order to get out her house.

"Ma'am you can't go in there!"

"I need to—"

My door flew open, it was Sarina with an officer holding her back. I stood up.

"Stop, let her go", I ordered.

"But sir—"

"Do as I say!"

She complied, Sarina ran over to me, she stopped for a moment to catch her breath.

"Leave us", I told the officer.

"Yes sir."

I placed my hands on Sarina's shoulders to steady her.

"Sarina, what's wrong?"

"I really have to talk to you. I was having a hard time getting through your new security thing so I just ran for it."

"You should have called me. They would have let you through if they knew you were coming."

"I can't. More like I was afraid to because...what if someone could tap in my phone..."

"What?"

I lead her over to the couch where we both sat down.

"When I was in Texas on Monday, some guy approached Javi and I. He said he was sent to find Javi because one of his friends was involved with the drug thing a few months ago. Remember Kevin?"

"Yes I do."

"I don't really think I'm best at explaining everything but Javi told me to ask you if you know Sergeant Vincent."

"Nev Vincent of the Air Force?"

"Yes!"

"Yes I know him."

"He said you two need to talk ASAP about the Cosen case. I don't how if he knows about Cosen but it sounds pretty important."

"The military was contacted and briefed about the case, just in case we need their assistance. Since he's a sergeant, he would be one of the people who knows about Cosen. It sounds like he was instructed to keep an eye on Javi because of his involvement with Kevin and the gang."

I stood up and went over to my computer. I found his name in my contacts and started a video call.

A few rings later he answered.

"Detective Hanson, good to see you."

"Same to you Sergeant, you had urgent news to share with me?"

"Yes, it seems like...what was her name, Sarina? She got to you safely?"

Sarina came over.

"Yes, she told me a bit on what happened."

Next to him someone else appeared.

"Javi!"

"Sarina! I'm glad you're safe, I was worried about you."

"I'm okay, I promise."