[Name] (Chapter 21)

Start from the beginning

"You got seen by the cops that's what. You should be glad this one here gave you some time to get your ass outta there."

"I wasn't happy. I was with this lovely lady, I wanted to spend more time, maybe get her number."

"Sir...I'm here."

We all looked over at Isaac.

"You're telling him things I didn't say", our boss shouted.

Isaac looked at me.

"Yeah. He's slacking. I could have been done by now, he's—"

"I don't care what you can do or could have done! You don't give orders here, I do!"

I looked towards the ground.

"Yes sir. Sorry sir."

Boss looked to me.

"I need you to find any information on the Greenwaters Police Department in Illinois We need to know how to deal with them", he said.

"Just kill them", Quinn suggested.

"No, not all of them at least. Anyway, after you're done, you can venture out if you wish. Remember to come back on time", he said.

"Yes...thank you sir."

"Come on you three. We have business to do", he said.

"I hope it's something good", Quinn said.

"Yeah and have you make a mess", Maikal said.

He looked at Mikal, not please at what he said.

Daniel followed them out. Quinn stopped, he turned around and walked up to me.

He's a tall guy, he leaned over me as he spoke.

"Thank you. You really saved me like they said."

"Next time, be careful", I said.

He's cheerful expression dropped. His hand came up to my chin, tilting it up, forcing me to look at him. I adverted my eyes away.

"You be carful", he said.

He gripped my jaw tightly, painfully tight.

My hand came up instinctually to get him to let go but of course, that didn't do anything. He's not super strong but his demeanor is what makes him powerful. I watched as his face came closer and closer to mine. I could feel his breath on my lips.

"I'll always do what I want. You do your job to protect us, okay?"

I nodded.

He smiled. His fingers relaxed, letting my jaw go. He then smoothed out his hand on my cheek.

"Good boy."

He then moved his face to the side of mine, planting a kiss on my cheek. I stayed frozen, not daring to move. He doesn't discriminate. If he needs to get information or wants something, he uses his charms and words on whoever. It seens like no one can escape him.

His eyes landed on mine once more before he backed away to leave. I didn't realize how my heart was beating fast.

I was scared.

Anyone would be. Even though I've been here for a long time, I don't get the respect I think I should get. I'm at the bottom of the ladder even though the boss treats me at the top of his list. I'm special to him, I don't know why though.

I made it back to my room, finally feeling safe.

"Don't get comfortable."

I turned around to see Isaac.