{2} Trying to Forget

RAVEN:

I don't know how long I lay there. It could've been hours or days, however long it was... I spent it all slipping in and out of consciousness. I remember closing my eyes the exact moment that Monty and Jasper had shut the door, feeling the slight rocking of the ship before it was all replaced by silence. And when I opened them once more, there was still silence, the only noises was the banging of the ignition system as it cooled below the floor. There was no one around me...

Maybe they're all outside?

Maybe they had to run.

But they wouldn't leave me by choice... would they?

I tried calling for help, every time knowing I wouldn't get a response. I couldn't move any part of my body. I was numb all over, from either the bullet or the cold. Most probably both. Each breath sent pain shooting through my nerves like my insides were on fire, but my outside was stone.

Light flooded in from behind the parachute that covered the dropship door, reflecting off the blood that I sat on and the metal inside the ship alike. My eyes flickered around the dropship, every inch of it holding memories. The radio was the place I argued over Finn with Clarke... now he was dead. The metal medical table, where I woke up on my first full day on Earth... but it was all gone. The once familiar smell of burning wood from the campfire or the scent of damp parachute was replaced by charred bodies and isolation.

My friends had left me to die, and in that moment... I would've been better off dead.

CLARKE:

"Well if she tries anything again, we can just put her away in this place again."

"This place, Cage. It's an asylum! You could at least use its proper name! You can't just lock up a teenage girl, especially her. We need the information from her. They won't give up their bone marrow without a fight. You and I both know that too well."

I pulled my eyes open and dragged my senses into the stunning light and the synthetic smell. Thankfully, the music had stopped and a low humming noise had taken its place, a sound that you could associate from far off turbines. Two voices were speaking behind the metal door as I got to my feet, taking tentative steps towards the door.

Just as I was about to touch the sealed exit, it opened and in stepped a man I knew to be called Cage, and the old man I had met the day before.

"Hello Clarke. I never properly introduced myself." The old man spoke, his slightly yellowing teeth appearing in a smile. He held his hand out as he spoke to me, expecting me to take it. "My name is Dante Wallace, but please just call me President Wallace"

I glared at his hand, watching as it retracted back to the old man's side. I looked over his shoulder at Cage who was nervously shuffling his feet now and again, as if he were worried I would lash out.

President Wallace continued to speak, as if he required no verbal input from me.

"I am terribly sorry about your experience of Mount Weather so far, I promise you... We don't steal bone marrow and lock our residents in padded cells usually!" He chuckled to himself as he brought a small folded piece of paper from his pocket. He passed it to me as a large trunk of clothes were brought in, asking me to get changed and join him for an evening meal at 8:00. He then turned on his heels, pushing Cage out the door slightly and walking out, leaving it open for me.

I unlocked the trunk to see clothes of every colour... some shades I didn't even know existed. I buried my hands deep into the soft fabrics, smiling as I felt all the textures. I eventually pulled on a white shirt with a pair of blue trousers that I think were called jeans and a pair of shoes which I had only ever seen photos of in Earth Studies. I picked up the map and looked at all the different levels, rooms and facilities. As much of a haven this appeared to be, they only wanted me for my bone marrow... and I was determined to get out and find my friends.