Chapter 5

"He does look pretty calm sleeping doesn't he?" Nix pointed out. "Don't let it fool you. He is quite good at fighting. Defeating those Smith clones was no easy feat." You hadn't thought about those events in a long time. Well, you hadn't actually remembered that they were real events til recently. Such events felt like a forgotten childhood memory that was now coming back to you. The nostalgia was getting the best of you. Old memories resurfaced and threatened to overwhelm you.

Smith blinked slowly. As soon as his eyes landed on you he tried to charge forward. The old pipe folded with a loud screech, but didn't break. "Jesus." Nix mumbled quickly pulling out her gun. "You do know I can break these handcuffs with ease?" Smith asked confidently. "Yes, but you could hurt yourself by doing so." You pointed out. He laughed at that. His laugh was deep and full of malice. "Seriously? That's your reasoning? I'd get hurt? You know, I could simply transfer to another body." You really wanted to punch that smirk off his face. "So sure are you? Go ahead then." You challenged interested in seeing what would actually happen. 

He smirked, accepting the challenge. He took a calm breath and closed his eyes. A moment of silence passed by as everyone waited patiently for something to happen. Smith opened his eyes, surprised. The slight furrowing of his eyebrows and the look in his eyes gave his suprise away. You felt weird since you read him so clearly now, but you had read him like an open book when you had been together so it made sense to you why you could do it. 

His surprise was replaced by an absolute burning fury. "What did you do to me!?" He asked angry, the handcuffs hitting against the old pipe as he rattled them. "We did nothing to you. Someone must have created you a body and inserted you in it. Somehow." Phoenix had taken her gun out of it's holster that rested against her hip. "She isn't lying." Nova appeared next to you. You still got scared by it but you didn't say anything aloud. He walked over to Smith as he spoke. "See this is normal code of a program. This is yours and that one belongs to a human. It isn't identical to usual human code but.. It is more like human's than program's." Smith tried to kick Nova but it simply went through him. "That was rather unnecessary.. Wasn't it?" Nova frowned. Smith ignored him and spoke. "So. What now? I break out of these cuffs and kill each of you one by one?" "Well. You probably could. But instead you should. Join us. Since you are a human as well.. Also you and (Y/n) are married... So why don't we team up?" Nix suggested. "WHAT!?"

"Yeah. We are married." You felt a tad hurt but you understood why he didn't remember. Brainwashing or something like that. "But like I was trying to say, if you team up with us, we can figure out together why you have a body now. We can also help you survive. You've never been a human before after all." Nix listed. Smith frowned. His gaze was sharp as he looked to the side, focused. "Deal." He agreed turning back. "But I will defend myself if attacked and I am not afraid to hurt others." Smith said coolly. "You can't attack people for no reason." Phoenix stated matter of factly. "She's right." Nix joined in. Smith gave a deadly look. "Fair enough.." "Now you'll just need a red pill." Nova stated. "And he needs to be freed from that pipe, Nov." Phoenix grabbed the key to the handcuffs and a red pill from her pocket. "Thanks, Phoe." Nova thanked her sarcastically. Phoenix opened the handcuffs and handed Smith the pill. 

"Eat up, mr.(Y/l/n)." He popped the bright red pill in his mouth and rose from the floor. "I-" He started only to almost topple over. You quickly tried to help him straighten back up from his half kneeling position. He refused your help. "No need to be so stubborn, Smithy. If we're teaming up it's important to help each other and actually work together as a team." Smith huffed at your words but let you help. He still seemed reluctant. He disappeared. "Alright you guys should get out of there." Nova declared. You looked at the mirror you had come through. "Let's go." 

You woke up on Valo and sat up. You stretched a little. "Cybebe is on it's way." Tilla showed their tablet. "Neo is already resting in one of the cabins." Morpheus continued vocally. You waited a while until Cybebe arrived. He was carrying Smith. Tilla tapped on their tablet and Cybebe landed. You looked at Tilla and then at Cybebe interested. Morpheus wrapped Smith in a blanket. "Tilla shares a connection with Cybebe through their hologram tablet." Nix whispered. "Yeah I was just thinking about that." You chuckled. Tilla showed their tablet. "We will need time to operate on him. Please leave for now."