Musa the formal gatekeeper

Travis pulls the door for mercy she likes it deep in her heart at least a smile would do but she chooses not to it effected Travis a little bit because girls love to be treated that way, on the other hand, he wasn't doing it because other guys do it, over time he thinks he was obsessed with mercy with her look and cannot wait to have her on the bed looks like things start to change he doesn't care how much of a hard time she gives him what matters to him was mercy. He jogged around the GLE real quick as he start the ignition before putting on his seat belt, mercy did the same avoiding his gaze he kept stealing glances at her which she knew.

"You look good mercy, plus you're doing a great job at the club, everyone loves you" mercy chuckled she thanked him quickly she wasn't in any mood to further any conversation with him. She needed to lay her head on the tinted window of the car and doze to sleep any time because Lagos traffic is hella long.

"I got you some fruit at the back  I heard about the show and know you needed something like this" he used one of his hands to bring out the fruit salad it was chilly from the package, she smile at Travis this is making it twice Travis beckon he's improving on getting mercy close to him, she thanks him, of course, she's on diet after the night she sings beautiful things her boss had advised she avoid any cranky foods so she can sing magically, mercy took out the grape first throwing one into her mouth. Travis was so focused on the road they haven't reached half that they were now stuck in traffic. Mercy knew she was trapped with him and no way she won't converse with him. She's trying to protect herself from getting hurt, all the men in Lagos want one thing if you ain't giving it they will spend a fortune just to have it then is that.

"What's this thing in Ikeja, is it your family or work I need to know if I'm accompanying you," mercy asked holding one strawberry about to devour it soon. Travis looked at her for a few seconds then rested his eyes on the road, he look very handsome mercy quickly acknowledged again from the first night live they met on the landmark beach he look extraordinary and unique in his style. He was about to say something when the cars start moving again, Travis cleared his throat before he spoke.

"My family lives in Ikeja, my mom is throwing this brunch at home, my siblings make jest of me that I'm so afraid of her the truth is I just hate to get into argument with her, she sent me an email stating I have to attend this particular brunch she sounds so serious about it- Travis paused half away when mercy intrude sharply now having fruit in her mouth,

"Let me guess you're not so close to your mom," mercy asked sucking her teeth.

"Not exactly, we just don't talk most of the time she sees nothing in me, she will never love me because I rejected the girl she choose for me on my prom, I had no date my prom night so i and my friends Micheal and Nick went as the three musketeers, she never forgives me for that" mercy nod positively even though she never went to prom someone out there had the opportunity and decided it wasn't the right thing for him, she heard a lot of girls in the club talk about never attending prom. The car gets stopped again the Lagos traffic is something else, thankfully she lives where is close to her working place.

"Did you ever attend prom? I mean I want to see how beautiful you look in your prom dress, was I Cinderella or Barbie" he asked smiling broadly at that time mercy thought of unlocking her phone and showing him how beautiful she looked on her prom but none she ever had her first dance, her mom never tried at all to take her to any of these things, the last home she worked as a kid the lady was so nice enough to get her first Barbie dress it happens her daughter was the Morgana herself, she was so jealous and angry at every little she does. She'd have everything yet the little her mom offered her makes her want to hit her head at the wall.

"Maybe you would've stopped at did you ever attend prom, I never had my first dance I thought I was my dress was ripped apart" Travis immediately felt he wasn't supposed to bring up the topic he observe how deep in thought mercy was now, is his fault always his selfish reason to always say and do things his way, he wishes and prays to be a better person and yet that kind of character seize not to leave him.

"I'm sorry merry" mercy smile but it only rested on her lips it wasn't a genuine smile like the last one she did, Travis hate himself for making her feel that way, that was how Bridget felt when he refused to go to prom with her she didn't scream or get a bucket of water and wet his suit that night she just said it was alright even if she was deeply hurt inside. And now mercy felt the same way although it happen to be a different situation, he promise to make it up to mercy even if he never made it up for Bridget and never cared to. Mercy Herat leap with a little faith as they drive into clear road cars were not stuck together she prayed they get to Ikeja, she was dripping off so her fruit was half-eaten her eyes were so heaven, Travis was so focused driving and his car was speedy, she repackages the fruit plate put it back into the nylon bag dropping it at the back seat, she adjusts fine and lay her head on the window, Travis looked at her then back on the road he wasn't going to talk about anything that kind ruin their trip to this brunch, is better she sleeps then he drives is alright, he was enjoying her talking and asking him question he ruined it so he had to bear the consequences of driving in silence. A few minutes later mercy's eyes were deep closed, her lips parted just a little bit her teeth shows just a little bit of it, her hair wasn't real it was a frontal bone straight he guesses, his sister Blair had made him feminine by asking him to get her this and that, she never seizes to be satisfied so when he sees one of Blair favorite type of hair he knows them. Without makeup mercy look so beautiful the sun illuminated her skin, he start to hear slow snoring from mercy she snores back and forth from her nostril, Travis only smile, he drove into an estate firstly the security men at the gate had to check his booth they asked him questions, he told them "resident" suddenly behind the security man interrogating him an old man shouted raising his hand in the air.

"My oga! My oga! My oga! Chai my oga!" Travis smiled  mercy was now awakened she quickly cleaned her eyes, Travis smiled at her drifting his gaze from the yelling man who was close enough now.

"Omg how long did I sleep," she asked checking the time on her phone.

"Few hours," Travis said quickly taking out notes of currency from his wallet.

"How are you Musa," Travis asked giving him money it was thousands of naira notes maybe ten pieces or more mercy couldn't do her calculations right.

"Oga!! I'm fine but I missed you" the other security excused himself checking other cars.

"Good afternoon madam ohh chai oga your madam fine ooo Na only your mama and madam Blair I Dey see now your mama sef no Dey answer my greeting again" Travis knew it was because of him, Musa worked in his family house before his mom instructed him not to open the gates at night for Travis and her older brother to go clubbing they are far better than that. She got him fired immediately after instablog carried their news in quilox spending up to 30 million nairas on drinks and strippers her mom was furious, he's only going explain to mercy if she decide to ask why Musa was fired that he always open the gate for them to go clubbing at night.

"Okay Musa, I'm going home we are having a family brunch, pls take care of yourself I will send you some money as soon as I settle down at home" Travis implied, Mercy look happy to hear him say that but the part his mother no longer talk to this innocent man worries her to ask maybe when they get home.

"Three years now oga! I no see you for eye my big oga don go Canada chai my boy's don grow finish" he says in shock and excitement, Travis start the car and drive off.

"You're a good man Travis, look how much excitement you put in his face" Travis highly felt honored to hear Mercy says that, his father only believes him when it comes to working and new ideas deep down he knows he will never trust him about his future when it comes to financing and women he was into quite of them. If mercy knows he was the reason Musa is kicked out of their house he's sure she will reserve his comment, maybe is good if mercy doesn't know his past she will say he's no different from Lagos men or the men she had dealt with.