Part 2: The Much Needed Support

On a gravel road rode 3 companions all on steed's, their cloaks flowing behind them "Were getting close to the camp, about 10 or so minutes." Stated the woman in the front of the group. She wore a red cloak, her long soft brown hair was braided, and bounced off her back as the horse galloped. Her fellow companions wore gray cloaks, to the right of the mysterious leader was a fellow companion, Edna. Her golden hair was sitting in a low bun. Across from her was Ohar, she possessed dark brown hair that flowed gently behind her as she rode.

"Rayas, how are we going to greet Mr. Farvor"? Pronounced Edna.

"We're simply going to go have dinner with him. And convince Mr. Farvor that the time to act is now. We need to convince more people besides the few we have." Rayas stated firmly.

"Ray, we both know, and support you. We know how big of a deal this is for you. For all of us. And we can't continue to live like this, work all day, every day and earn next to nothing. Barely being able to feed our families" Edna sighed. Rayas slowed her horse to a steady walk now in line with her fellow companions.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't be so blunt with you Edna. I'm stressed is all, I dislike being worried and always looking over my shoulder. It's not just me I worry about, it's the both of you. You joined me on my journey and unfortunately because of it, it puts both of you and your families in danger" She frowned, feeling remorse for her friends and the lives they could have had before they decided to accompany her on this ridiculous quest to have a better life.

"Ray it's ok, we understand '' Edna smiled. The three of them continued to ride to the nearby camp so they could meet Mr. Farvor to discuss their upcoming plans.

Later that night in camp the three women walked down the muddy road surrounded by tents and bustling men settling in for the night. "Ray. Rayas?" whispered Edna.

"What"? Rayas exclaimed.

"Well, it's nothing really, just are you sure about this?" Edna glanced towards Ohar looking for support. Ohar shrugged and shook her head as to say, 'you're the one who brought it up now go on with it'.

"Edna it'll be ok, I'm nervous as well. But we must do this to gain support of the people, and the political leaders. If we have none of their support then this revolution will fail". Rayas announced to the group.

"Ok" Edna sighed in relief and smiled slightly at the women. The three of them walked towards Mr. Farvor's tent. They made their way in single file, Rayas, Edna, then Ohar. The tent was lit by the soft glow of a lantern. In the center of it was a table showing a map and figurines showing fellow kingdoms and armys. Next to the table was a tall man with short brown hair and wore a broad smile as he walked towards the women.

"Ray! It's so good to see you!" he said as he wrapped her in a ginormous bear hug.

"It's good to see you too, uncle"! Rayas chuckled, though it was slightly muffled by Mr. Farvor's bear hug. Mr. Farvor stepped back, keeping his hands on her shoulders.

"My you've grown so much little one" he grinned ear to ear at the sight of her.

Rayas smiled softly, her cheeks growing to a light shade of pink. "Thank you Uncle it's so very good to see you! I've missed you very much"!

Farvor glanced excitedly from Rayas to the figures behind her. "Oh Ray! You've brought your friends, you must introduce us"!

"Well, uncle this is Edna" Rayas said, gesturing towards the young girl. Edna beamed in response to the introduction.

"It's very nice to meet you sir" Edna grinned.

"It's a pleasure to meet you my dear" Mr. Farvor said, bowing his head slightly. "And who is this young lass? '' he gestured towards Ohar.

"That is Ohar" Rayas stated. Ohar bowed her head politely signifying the introduction between the two.

Farvor glanced at Rayas wearing a slightly puzzled expression. "Does she not speak"? he muttered under his breath to Rayas.

Rayas eyes widened in shock, but she quickly recovered and explained that, "when Ohar was young, some of the king's guards raided her home, you see there were rumors that her father was spreading ill will about the king. And that didn't go over well so in order to punish her father for his actions of spreading false words. The commander decided to cut out the tongues of everyone in the house". The tent grew quiet from the tragic story.

Though all of the girls knew this story they don't like to talk about it. It was just a tragic reminder of the hardships they have all faced living in a kingdom where the leaders have no interest for anyone but themselves.

"Well then, what was it we needed to discuss" Farvor frowned looking around at the girls.

"Funny you should ask," Rayas said as she led the group further into the tent to a small little sitting area. "On the topic of spreading ill will, we have a plan and we need your support for it to work" she smirked slightly. She knew this would go well with her uncle. He may work for the king but that didn't mean he liked him or thought highly of him.

"My dear Ray, you know you will always have my support. Now how can I help"? His eyes shimmered with kindness.

Rayas paused looking at her girls, for support. Edna gave her a slight smile, and Ohar gave a supportive nod. "Well, there's no easy way to say this uncle" Rayas took a deep breath to calm her nerves, she knew this moment would change everything. "We plan to overthrow the king".

Farvor simply stared at Rayas; it was as if you could see the gears turning in his mind, working out different situations, and strategies, from every angle.

Rayas had known her uncle her whole life, she knew his different mindsets. When he was around her he was his goofy self. He preferred to keep his strategic leadership skills separate from his family affairs. But the man that sat before her and her friends now was a political leader, a military strategist, and a highly trained soldier. No longer the soft, light hearted, goofy man. "Uncle, we have been working on this for some time gathering support here and there. But the people that know are not nearly enough to overthrow the king".

Farvor was still deep in his thoughts, looking at his niece. He was proud of the woman that she had become, a strong leader who sees wrong in the world and seeks to rid it. He sighed, he knew the risks for not only him and his family but also his men, the men that he would lead into this battle. But the king was a blithering buffoon who couldn't tell you up from down. He paused for a moment and said, "I have many men that will support me and I will spread the word to others in hope of they're support".

Rayas grinned ear to ear, she was ecstatic. She stood quickly and hugged her uncle. "Thank you! Thank you Uncle! It'll be fine, I'll make it work".

Farvor looked into Rayas eyes, his soft gray eyes peering into her green orbs. He sighed, "Rayas this will be long and grueling, are you sure you're prepared for it".

Rayas turned back to her uncle "I'm ready to face whatever may come".

He huffed not in fear, but worry. He worried that she would think that this is simply a game, and not realize the true aspects of war. They would suffer a great loss from all of the blood shed in battle. And he hoped that the grief wouldn't eat at her. "Rayas, you do know that as soon as word gets out that we are preparing an army to face the king we will be wiped out almost immediately".

Rayas looked confidently at Farvor, "and that my dear uncle is why we will be planning this quietly and quickly".

Farvor nodded his head in agreement, "Well then ladies it looks like you have a long next few months, and planning an uprising takes a toll the more sleep you get the better. In the next coming days I will discuss with my generals the plan and work out the best strategies. However, you all need to go and collect as many allies as you can, the more you have the better." All of the women nodded in agreement.

Rayas smiled and thought to herself that her plan was starting to come together. "Oh thank you! Thank you uncle" she cheered as she hugged the man.

"It's not a problem my dear, I want that wretched king off the throne just as much as you do" he smiled. He then gave each of the women a hug good night and wished them good fortune in the next coming months.

As the women left the tent they giggled and cheered quietly about their first major success. They then went into their shared tent and all bidded each other good night. For in the morning they would set off at dawn.