Tyler (Chapter 17) 🔞

Start from the beginning

I crossed the police tape, showing my badge to the fellow officers.

"Detective Hanson, what are you doing here", a corporal officer asked.

"I heard about what was going on. I'm working on a case so I decided to come over to see if this connects with it. What's the latest update", I asked.

"The suspect is unknown but was an employee of the husband who is a CEO of a small supply company. We believe this might be some kind of revenge thing, like the suspect got fired or something and he's not for it."

"That makes sense. Did you guys get a glimpse inside", I asked.

"The windows are blocked off so no."

"Any attempts to call him?"

"Yes but no answer."

"What about crisis response", I asked.

"They are on their way, I doubt they will make any difference."

"Well, the priority is to get the hostages out alive. We just need to find out what he wants."

"We?"

I let out a sigh. I recognize that familiar voice though I haven't seen him in a while since the academy days.

"Detective Ron, glad you could make it", the corporal officer said.

"What is he doing here?"

"Unlike you, I think it's great having Tyler here, two great detectives will be good."

"I don't need any help."

"This isn't about you Ron, can't you quit making a show of everything", I snapped.

"Why you--"

"Enough gentlemen. Let's put our differences aside to get these people out safe and sound."

"Yes sir", I said.

"Yeah."

Ron gave me one last glare before walking away.

"Sorry about that. Ever since you had your T.V time, you know, all the glory, he became sour. I hate he's like that but there's nothing I can do."

"That's just how he is. He needs to get it through his head that it doesn't matter who solves a case or who saves the day. We don't work by ourselves, we always need a team."

"You're right."

"Corporal, the crisis team is here", an officer ran over to say.

"Perfect. Get on the phone with him now. We need to find out what he wants."

"If it's money, I can help with that", I said.

"Like the real stuff?"

"Whatever he wants, at this point I don't care. I can't have that couple murdered over money."

"True. I'm glad you're here, just in case he asked for a ridiculous amount."

"I have my ways."

"You're interesting indeed Hanson."

"I hate to brag, but that's how I got where I am."

He patted me on the shoulder. I'm glad I'm all healed up now, or at least I'm sling free. Not being able to run into action is the worst.

"We got him on the phone", an officer said.

"Good, let's go listen. Get Ron over for me."

"Yes sir."