Sarina (Chapter 7)

Start from the beginning

"Why do you care?"

He walked up to me. I could smell the alcohol coming from the drink as well from his breath as he spoke.

"You a know-it -all", he asked.

He looked expressionless, intimidating for sure. I guess that's what happens to you when you're a cop but there are cool cops. I don't know what this guy's problem is.

"I never said I was."

I tried to remain calm, unfazed by his intimidating stare but clearly, I was losing.

My heart was racing, I felt nervous. He can see right through me, my tough act is just that, an act. Also...he knows I'm 18 and he remembers I'm a high school student, well a graduate...I'm in big trouble now.

I quickly changed the subject.

"I-I need to find my friend, we are at the wrong party", I said nervously.

I started to walk away, he grabbed my wrist, not hard but it was a firm grip.

"You're at the wrong party", he questioned which sounded more like the start of an interrogation.

"Y-Yeah...my friend...she got mixed up..."

"She looked like she knew where she was going."

"O-Oh...she did? Ha...no...she's not the brightest..."

He looked down at me, his eyes were more intense than ever. For sure he could feel me start to sweat. A clear sign of a liar. If this was a lie detector test, they might as well throw me in a cell before they start with this guy, he's good.

"You two are only 18, why are you really here?"

"I-I...well...my friend knows someone here who told her about this...I-I didn't know what type of party this was...I'm being honest, I swear!"

He gave me one last look before easing up on my wrist. I placed my other hand on it and felt it was clammy.

"I don't care what you guys do or what you drink. I'm not driven to enforce the law every time I see it get broken. That's not my goal anyway. Once I'm off work, I'm off work unless someone is in danger. It's my house, my rules anyway."

He turned to walk away back to the kitchen.

"W-Wait...what?! This is your house?"

He grabbed one of the bottles to pour himself another drink.

"Did I stutter", he said without looking at me.

I glared angrily at his back.

"Since you're obviously in a sour mood, I'm going to go outside with the fun people."

I huffed before turning to leave.

He didn't say anything back, no surprise.

There was a good amount of people at the party. Amongst them, I spotted Grace.

"Sarina, there you are! Come over."

I smiled at everyone I passed as I made my way over to her.

"Here, have a drink, loosen up."

"Uh...I'll pass."

"At least take your clothes off, this is a pool party", she said.

Everyone else urged me to do so as well. I'm just not comfortable wearing so little in front of people, let alone strangers. I'm probably over-exaggerating, it's actually a one piece but Grace insisted I buy a cutout one piece where the sides are literally cut out. Honestly, it's cute but a bit too showy for me. At the end of the day she won and here I am now being pressured once again to take my shirt off revealing my body for all to see.