The Lion's Mouth

'I can't believe there are only three more days until I become Memphis's wife...' Carol thought while she bathed in a large tub with a toy boat floating in the water.

"Oh, what smooth skin you have, Lady!" Naptera said, getting a towel ready for her.

"Don't stay in too much longer, or you'll start to prune," Bonnie teased Carol. She was waiting for her turn to use the bath. Something that looked very much like a large fur ball darted into the room and leaped into the tub with a splash.

"Oi! What is this?" Carol asked, picking the splashing thing up out of the water. "Ah... It's a cat!"

"Poor thing didn't know what it was getting into," Bonnie said, coming over to have a look at the cat. "Where did you come from?"

"Be careful!" Naptera said when the cat started to fuss, removing it from Carol's hands so she could dry it off with a towel.

"This is your cat?" Carol asked.

"No! This is the Pharaoh's cat that was brought from Indonesia here for you my lady," Naptera said. "He was afraid you might be lonely..."

"He's giving this to me?" Carol said, pleasantly surprised. "I can't believe that... He knows how to give presents to others..." The cat peeked out at them from inside the ball of towel.

"It's cute~!" Bonnie said, happy to see something so adorable.

"You're so right!" Carol said, pleased with the gift. Carol got out of the tub and dried off, too, so she could get dressed and play with the cat. Bonnie postponed her own bath to join her.

"According to history, this is the first cat that ever lived in the Egyptian palace, right?" Bonnie said while they took turns cuddling the cat.

"Right!" Carol said, smiling as she hugged it. "Kitty! I'll call you Mimi from now on!"

"Your Majesty, we should go now. It's very dangerous!" one of the Assyrians said to Algon as they spied on Carol.

"Shut up!" Algon said. "I'm still admiring her beauty!!!" He watched Carol dance around with the cat, while Bonnie smiled and laughed. 'For the first time in my life I see such beauty! Especially with that golden hair of hers... And that must be the handmaiden. She's just as beautiful, despite only having copper hair and that strange scar. I have hundreds of beautiful concubines but I never saw anyone as beautiful as them! Oh, how I wish...'

"Someone's here!" one of his men said, pulling the king of Assyria back into the bushes as another group arrived.

"Quiet! Or else we'll kill you!" Nakuto's men told Carol, coming out of the garden to get her. One of them had a knife.

"Ahh!" Carol gasped, paling. But before they could grab Carol, Bonnie was already breaking the closest man's nose with hard thrust of her hand.

"Arhh!" he cried, staggering backwards while holding his face.

"Ah! Help us!" Carol cried as the one with the knife lunged at Bonnie, but Bonnie stepped aside and tripped him, and the knife went sliding out of his hand when he hit the floor.

"Someone! There's an assassin here!" Naptera shouted when she came running and saw what was going on.

"Our plan is revealed! Kill Carol!" the man with the broken nose yelled at his partner, who lunged for the knife. Bonnie kicked the knife away and then kicked the partner back away from them.

"Be careful, Bonnie!" Carol said. "Someone help!" Ruka came running into the room as the man with the bleeding nose drew a knife from his belt and went for Carol. Bonnie flipped Carol's attacker, throwing him over her shoulder, and Ruka stabbed him before he could get up.