Return to Egypt

"Memphis... we shall meet again... and settle all this!" Izmir yelled across the falling chunks of wall that separated him from the pharaoh.

"!" Memphis exclaimed.

"Hittite troops, upon my order, withdraw!" Izmir shouted.

"You want to escape? Stop, Izmir!" Memphis yelled.

"Pharaoh, everything's about to collapse!" Minue said. "We must go."

'Huhuhu. It hurts...!' Carol cried silently, holding her wound. She was on the verge of fainting.

"Carol!" Bonnie and Memphis said anxiously.

"I need to treat her wound!" Bonnie said. "If we act quickly, she can be saved!"

"Carol! Wait a little!" Memphis pleaded, cradling her in his arms. "You must live! You must...!"

'The Egyptian troops won...' Carol thought, relieved. 'I feel like I'm dying, but Bonnie said I won't... I'm so glad...'

"Soldiers, retreat!" Memphis ordered, and they fled through the barrage of falling stones to the Egyptian ships. Bonnie let Memphis carry Carol.

"Return to our fleet!" Minue spread the order.

"Hurry!" Unas said. "Hurry! The Hittite palace is about to crumble!"

"Hittite's defeated troops are escaping in confusion over there!" Minue said.

"Move forward! Straight to Egypt!" Memphis ordered when they boarded his boat. "It's a pity we didn't catch that sly prince Izmir!"

"Yes!" the soldiers agreed.

"At least we won the war!" one said.

"Yes! We've won!" the others agreed.

"Where are the medical supplies?" Bonnie asked. "Do you have any bandages? I want to treat Carol's wound!"

"This way," Minue said, leading her to what she needed so she could chose the best things to treat Carol with.

"What about Lady Carol?" they asked on other ships.

"Where is our Nile goddess?"

"Don't worry. Our goddess was saved by Pharaoh Memphis and her handmaiden."

"Hooray!"

Everyone cheered. Bonnie spared a glance back at the Hittite city and saw that it was burning bright on the horizon. She had tried to leave escape routes open for the citizens and left the food stores alone, but the fire had spread further than she expected, so she couldn't be sure. She clenched her fists. All of those people... She had destroyed their homes, their places of business. In one night, she had created an entire city of refugees. But it had to be done. She needed them to be too afraid of the consequences to try to capture Carol again. They should leave her alone now.

"Long live the Nile goddess!" they cheered around her. "Long live Pharaoh Memphis!"

The history books later told of a blaze that burnt down the Hittites' capital... and the entire race of Hittites was wiped out. That was until 1830, when French archaeologists found the archaeological site where the Hittite's great fire happened in a valley that is located in Turkey today.

—∞—

Memphis, his army, Carol, and Bonnie returned to Egypt and made their way to the palace as quickly as they could with the injured Carol.

"Poor Carol..." Unas said. He, Minue, and everyone else were extremely worried, but none as much as Bonnie and Memphis.

"She lost so much blood!" Memphis said anxiously, looking pale himself as he hovered over Carol. "Carol...!"