31 One Step Closer

Apollo
I could not think about Saturn's question without laughing out loud

"Is that what I sound like?"

What a perfect way to start my morning. I haven't laughed like that in a very long time, but I'm not surprised it's Saturn who is the one who makes me laugh like that.

She brings out the best in me. Always.

"You never answered my question Polo." Saturn reminded me as she helped me make some eggs , bacon, toast, pancakes, all the breakfast foods you could ever want.

"I don't intend on answering the question amore mio." I kissed her forehead and focused my attention back in the eggs cooking on the stove.

She huffed and crossed her arms over her chest, muttering someone about how she 'just wanted to know.'

I was just about to correct her bratty self but what interrupted when I heard giggling and footsteps walking down the staircase.

In walks Vera and Valentina, hand in hand with huge smiles on their faces.

Cute.

Saturn hopped off her chair and ran to hug Valentina who gave her a hug back.

It makes me so happy how close they are, even after a few days.

Valentina and Saturn sat at the island and got to chatting; no surprise there, the entire time I finished up breakfast.

As I was flipping pancakes Vera came up and stood to the side of me.

"You two are fucked." She smirked at me.

I rolled my eyes, "not any less than you."

She shrugged her shoulders, "at least I'm aware." She turned her head and gazed at Valentina and Saturn, their laughter filled the kitchen with positive energy. "She adores you two."

I looked back at Saturn, a small smile landed on my face, "oh yeah? How would you know"

"I can tell she's been through something. Anyone who spends more than 15 mins with her would be able to tell. I don't know what she's been through but I know you and your cousin are what's best for her."

I gazed at Saturn. She was perfect. Everything about her just makes me want to fall on my knees and worship the ground she walks on. "I love her."

Vera slapped my back, "I know you do."

I love Saturn.

It's the hardest for me to admit but it's true. She's the only one who makes me feel the way I do.

Vera turned around and went back to sit next to Valentina. To which Val's smile, if even possible, grew even bigger when she saw her girlfriends face.

Saturn looked at the couple with a soft smile and then turned her head towards me.

As I was platting everyone's breakfast, Atlas came into the kitchen and snuck up behind Saturn.

He whispered something in her ear which startled her at first but as he kept whispering, a beet red blush started to appear on her cheeks.

Ha.

I gave everyone their plates and we all sat and ate. It was contently quiet while everyone focused on finishing their food.

After breakfast was finished Atlas decided to clean everything up while I went up to the office to do some work, Saturn, Val and Vera were in the living room watching some kind of show the last time I checked.

A few hours went by and I was sitting in my office chair, my hands stressfully running through my hair, pulling at my scalp.

Killing that fuck that sold us out did nothing to bring us closer. Nothing to assure ourselves that Saturn is safe.

Obviously she is safe when she is with us but I want her safe 100% of the time.

I want her to be able to go shopping with Val, I want her to be able to go meditate in the garden without one of us keeping an eye making sure she doesn't get snatched from her spot.

I just want her safe. We just want her safe.

It's already terrible enough what happened to her and the trauma she had to endure. The last thing I want is for those stupid fucking people to cause her pain to still be walking around with no guilt and no realization of what they did.

My phone ringing brought me out of my thoughts, I pick it up out of my pocket and see Beast.

My eyebrows knit in confusion because he never calls me unless it's necessary.

"Beast." I answer.

"Boss, i have news about Saturn's uncle."

I get out of my seat quickly and begin to pace my office waiting for him to finish, my body lands at the open window, down on the ground I see Saturn and Valentina in the grass rolling around and laughing.

I cant help but to smile at my girl. This is all I want for her.

"You there boss?" Beast breaks me out of my thoughts, once again.

"Yup. Speak."

"One of my men spotted her uncle in an ally buying drugs from one of the men I planted. I knew he would come looking for drugs since his old supplier - the man you killed, died, so I put one of my men out there with some drugs to sell specifically to him."

Fucking genius.

I hide my excitement as I say, "You got more for me?"

I hear Beast darkly chuckle on the other end of the phone. "Who do you think I am Apollo?"

I smirk and let him finish.

"The drugs my man sold him had a tracker inside of it. Small enough he wouldn't notice. Hopefully he'll take the drugs and the tracker will be implanted inside of him. But either way we will know where he is."

I could kiss him.

"Beast. You are getting a raise."

"No need boss. I know if my girl was treated the way Saturn was I would want revenge, I am more than willing to help you get that revenge for her."

"Thank you Beast." I genuinely mean that.

"No need to thank me yet boss. I let you know where he ends up."

We say our goodbyes and I finally feel like we got somewhere.

A step closer for our girl to be safe.