08 Conversations With Rosetta

Apollo
I was still playing with her hair even after she fell asleep. When I would stop or move she would whimper and move to try and find my hand again.

Cute.

After a while of no talking between Atlas and I, I quietly said, "I want her."

I knew Atlas could hear me.

"I know." He returned. "But we can't rush things. Especially after what Rosetta told us. She's softer, more fragile than the other women we have been with in the past Apollo."

I glared at him. Who does he think I am? "What? You think I'm gonna force her on her knees the first date?" As fun as that sounds. I am a patient man.

Also, it's not just about playing with her. I want more. She deserves more.

"Obviously not dumbass. What I'm trying to say, before you get all fucking defensive is, we can't just throw her into our life and hope she can swim. We have to slowly introduce ideas and see if she's responding to them the way she should be."

"Okay smartass." I rolled my eyes.

"Apoll-"

"As much as I find this amusing. I would appreciate if you don't bicker in-front of Saturn. God forbid she wakes up and hears you two arguing. She'll have a panic attack if that's the first thing she hears after her nap." Rosetta cut Atlas off.

We didn't think about that.

"I'm sorry." We both said.

She gave us a soft smile. "No need to apologize. She didn't wake up, no big deal. But how about we get to the bottom of your chat, yes?"

And then she walked out of the room knowing we would follow.

Atlas got up first slowly, so he wouldn't disturb the cats. Once he was up he left.

I slowly stopped my playing in Saturns hair. She didn't whimper at the loss of contact so I gently lifted her head from my lap and and placed it right next to the bundle of sleeping cats.

She stirred a little, and when I rose from the bed she reached her hands out, trying to find me again.

I knelt in front of the bed and brushed the hair out of her face, just taking a second to calm her down, but also to really notice just how beautiful she is. A hidden gem I never knew was hidden where I once called home. That seemed to work because she leaned into my hand and then tucked her hands by her body and went right back to sleep.

I got up and left Saturn's bedroom quietly. I decided to leave the door open so we could hear if she got up.

I walked towards the kitchen where I heard the chatter of Atlas and Rosetta.

"I can see you both have taken a liking to my girl." I overheard Rosetta say to Atlas.

"We have." Atlas replied back.

I walked in and Rosetta looked at me and smiled.

"I know I should probably protect her from boys and never let her out of the house but something is telling me you two would be good for her." Rosetta nodded her head. As if she was trying to convince herself.

"Though we have just met Saturn, that doesn't mean our connection with her is any less strong. We find her mesmerizing and we would love to be in her life." I replied to Rosetta.

"That is her decision. Though I feel like things will work in your favour due to the fact that I have never seen her this comfortable around men. Ever. All I ask, is that you don't push her. Please take things slow and treat her with the same kindness you would want some boy to give Silvana."