24 Backstory

TW- mention of abuse. Here's a Cute cow to cushion this somewhat heavy chapter. <3 you so

Saturn
After Apollo and I's little rondevoux this morning, Atlas made me Micky Mouse pancakes – which were delicious, and then drove me home.

I did in fact put up a fight like I always do but Apollo said he would, "put me over his knee and paint my booty red,"  and out of fear, I agreed but he didn't say booty.

After I got home and saw Nonna I hadn't realized how much I missed her until I saw that smirk on her face when I came into her bedroom.

She was watching TV in her bed with my babies– who were very happy to see me.

I ran into Nonnas room and jumped onto her big cozy bed, annoying my kittens in the process.

"Oh wow! I guess you missed me?" Nonna asked as I settled down next to her.

"Just a little." I replied back, to which she playfully swatted my arm.

We fell into a comfortable silence, watching Practical Magic until I heard her sniffle.

My head snapped up to her face to see her looking down at me with a happy smile on her face, yet tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Nonna? What's wrong?"

She wiped her eyes, "nothing at all amore mio," she kissed my forehead while holding both my cheeks. "I am just so beyond proud of what you overcame. You are so strong, Saturn and I am so, so, happy you are finally feeling the pure happiness you deserve after so long of not having it. I am happy Atlas and Apollo are worthy enough to give you that sense of pure, undeniable, happiness."

At this point now I was starting to tear up.

She was right.

So, so, right.

Apollo and Atlas came into my life when I was least expecting it. They came in, with their pretty selves and helped my progress without even trying, and without me even noticing.

I know Nonna told them some of what happened to me, but what she knows, and what I know are very different.

I havnt told Apollo or Atlas yet because, to be honest, whenever I'm with them I completely forget about the damaged girl I am.

My parents were drug addicts and died from an overdose when I was 11. They were fine to me, but as fine as drug addicted parents could be to their child. Nonna is my grandmother on my mothers side, and due to them not being close because of her addiction, I was placed into the care of my father's brother and his wife.

They were the most horrible people I have ever met. They had no children, which I am grateful for because I couldn't imagine the pain that child would go through. They forced me to clean the house on my hands and knees and they beat me when I would mess up, or not clean it the way they wanted me too.

My bedroom was the equivalent of a storage closet. I had to share it with all of my cleaning supplies. It had a dirty spring mattress on the floor, no windows, and one throw blanket that never worked to keep the cold away.

That's why I hate being cold. All the memories come back when I'm cold.

Unfortunately for me, that wasn't the worst part. Justin, my "uncle" would have his friends over during the weekend. He would force me to come out of my room and hang around them while they hung out. He would make me sit on their laps while they touched my thighs and kissed me.

The mens touches felt nothing like Apollo and Atlas's touches.

Strangely enough, Justin made it clear the men were not to kiss her lips or go past her panties.

Those vile and disgusting men loved to push that rule though.

They would kiss my cheeks, neck, shoulders, and the corner of my mouth, because to them, "it wasn't her lips." They would stroke my thighs and when they got to my pantie line, pull the panties away from my skin and let them slap back down.

They thought it was funny how I cried and begged them to let me go. Whenever I attempted to get off their laps, Justin would standup from his seat, come over to me, and smack me across the face.

He would get in my face, while all his friends watched and say, "if you don't sit the freak still, I'll let them do whatever the freak they want."

He didn't say freak.

That would make me cry harder and his friends would keep laughing.

That went on for 1 excruciatingly terrible year.

Until Nonna came over for a surprised visit.

When I stayed with Justin and his wife, they banned me from seeing Nonna, and one day she was near the house she decided to stop by.

As she walked up onto the porch, she lifted her hand to knock on the door when she heard my bloodcurdling scream. I remember the day vividly.

One of Justin's friends were over and he kept pulling on my hair and yanking on the band of my panties. I was screaming at his to let me go and Justin got mad at me because I was causing too much noise. So he punched me square in the face which caused me to scream and sob at the same time.

That's when Nonna busted the door open. She said she saw Taylor, Justin's wife, coked out on the beat up floor while I was in the living room.

She ran into the room. With a gun. Yes. She had a gun. And shot the guy in the face with me still in his arms.

Nonna has really good aim.

His blood sprayed all over me and I passed out. She beat the crap out of Justin, shot him in the foot but before she could end the job completely, I woke up and couldn't breathe.

She dropped everything and got me out of there.

She moved me into our cottage and iv been living with constant fear and panic attacks ever since.

Until Apollo and Atlas came and slowly stopped the nightmares, and panic attacks.

"Nonna I love you so so much. I o-owe everything to you," I said in between sobs. She shushed me while I continued talking.

"Thank y-you for saving me."

She did say anything, instead, she played with my hair and we fell into a nap along with my kitties.

Slowly. Time heals slowly.

Sometimes with the help of some pretty boys.

≫∘❀♡ ❀ ∘≪

In conclusion, Nonna is a badass. Also I would like to clarify, you don't need boys to heal. I just wanted to say that. Carry on. Love you and I'm sorry if you relate to any of the abuse that went on in this chapter.