Chapter 33: Break Up

Pagkapasok sa loob ay naglakad-lakad siya para tignan ang paligid. She would even touch some of my things that caught her attention.

I honestly don't know why she's here. Ang huling pagkikita namin ay nu'ng party pa ng network at hindi naging maganda 'yon.

Kumunot ang noo ko dahil baka alam na niyang nagkabalikan na kami ni Berlin. But... if she already knew it, she won't be acting this way. She would immediately throw a fit and accuse me of things like I'm a slut or a whore to seduce him.

"Kaunti lang pala ang mga gamit mo. I bet it won't take more than a day to transfer it to the house."

"What do you mean?"

Nilingon niya ako at lumapit. She smiled at me. "Dad wants you back to the house."

Mas lalong kumunot ang noo ko. "Michael?"

"Yes. All of us, actually. We want you back to the house."

"W-Why?"

Hinawakan niya ang dulo ng buhok ko. "We realized how we've been hard to you. We are your family but we didn't make you feel that these past years. Kaya para makabawi, gusto naming bumalik ka sa bahay to restart our relationship."

Ayokong maniwala doon pero ikinagulat ko ang sunod niyang sinabi.

"I'm sorry, Ives. I'm sorry that I've been a bad sister to you."

I thought she was just saying it lightly, but I saw the tears in her eyes.

"I'm really sorry. I hope you can still give me a chance to be a sister to you."

Napaawang ang labi ko lalo na nang makita ang sunod-sunod na pagtulo ng mga luha niya. She covered her face with her hands to stop herself from crying hard, but her sobs can still be heard all over my unit.

"N-No. It's okay, Anie."

Lumapit ako sa kanyat at hinawakan ang balikat niya. I was shocked when she hugged me and continued crying on my shoulder.

Lumunok ako dahil parang may nakabara sa lalamunan ko. To see my sister crying breaks my heart. I know we didn't have a good relationship, but she's still my family. The last thing I want for her is to get hurt.

"Can you give me a chance?" she asked while still sobbing.

I tapped her back. "O-Of course. We can start again, Anie."

She stayed in my unit for an hour. She tried to have a conversation with me by telling how her day went today. Kinwento niya ang nangyaring endorsement photoshoot at ang taping ng bago niyang palabas. But of course, I couldn't help but to still feel awkward having her around. Hindi ako sanay na magaan ang pakikitungo niya sa'kin.

Ang pinagtatakha ko lang ay hindi man lang niya nabanggit si Berlin. I don't know if she's just avoiding to bring up the topic to not spoil the moment, but it's better if she would have. Mas maganda nang ma-address namin. After all, Berlin's the reason why we fought last time. At gusto ko rin sanang sabihin na nagkabalikan na kami. Mamaya kasi magbago pa ang isip niya sa pag s-sorry at pagpapabalik sa'kin sa bahay.

Pagkaalis ni Anie ay tinawagan ko agad ang number ni Mommy. Yes, I got swayed by her tears and words earlier. But I'm still questioning her sincerity because, again, this is new to me. The way she's acting toward me is new to me. She's an actress kaya baka naman mamaya...

I sighed. Call me a bad sister for doubting her, but I just want to make sure.

"Ives."

"Mommy? Is it true that you want me to go back to the house?"