CHAPTER 49 - Talk

Camilo nodded with a sigh and went out the door but not before sending another glance at your fragile form.

Camilo was, once again, sitting by your bed and talking about his day so far. It had become a habit during the past week. He would come to your room after he finished his chores and then tell you about his day, so you wouldn't feel lonely even if you didn't exactly hear him.

He had considered reading in the start but decided that maybe just talking to you would be more comfortable with you so that's what he did. He sighed a bit. "You know, I never got to tell you how much I liked you," he said, taking your hand that was limply dangling over the edge of the bed. "I was going to do it that day. I had the others help me with the setup in the backyard and then I thought that maybe we could read a bit together or maybe you could tell me a story before I confessed." He looked down at his lap sadly. "Guess it really didn't come to it."

At this point, your mind could register some things around you. But it couldn't recognize the talker or the words or even the fact that someone was talking. But you knew someone was there. A soft smile came to your face as your eyes were still firmly closed.

A knock sounded on the door and Félix put his head in. "Hey, Camilo. Come to eat lunch."

Camilo stood up wordlessly and went. Or not. Your fingers instinctively wrapped themselves around Camilo's wrist, stopping him from going anywhere.

"Are you coming?" Félix asked, again looking through the doorway.

Camilo grinned slightly. "I would, but...," he gestured to you.

Félix chuckled. "I'll bring you something here."

In a few minutes, he was back with a plate of arepas and a glass of water. "Care for her as I taught you when she wakes up," he reminded before leaving again.

Camilo started eating when the grip from his wrist left and he could hear a voice from beside him.