CHAPTER 8 - Superpowers

The Madrigal kids went first and you ushered your brothers and sisters before you, leaving you last. So, remembering your manners very well, you turned around. "Thank you for the food. It was delicious."

You walked out of the dining room, adjusting your glasses.

[What I think:

Picture in the end.]

"The others went up to Isabela's room," Camilo said from beside you, startling you. "Just talking to get to know each other and stuff."

You looked at him. "Thanks for waiting for me. Show me the way?"

"Obviously," he said, walking up the stairs and to a glowing door, with a carving of Isabela and her name, and opened it.

"So you all have superpowers?" Lily gaped.

"You could say so, yes," Isabela smiled, you and Camilo went over to everyone and also plopped down on the flowers.

"That's pretty cool," you admitted, smiling.

"But you have a superpower too, don't you, Y/n?" Ethan beamed.

Your eyes widened. That's the moment you regretted everything you've ever said. "No, I don't. What are you talking about?" you asked rigidly, staring your brother down.

"But every evening you tell us that imagination is the most powerful superpower," he said innocently.

You turned your head away with embarrassment. "I don't mean it literally," you sighed, hiding the lower part of your face.

"Now I'm sort of interested," Mirabel piped up. The other Madrigals nodded.

"Tell them a story, pleeeease," Lily pleaded, making puppy eyes at you before turning to the other kids. "Y/n tells the best bedtime stories! She can make them up on the spot!"

You heaved another sigh before eyeing the Madrigals. "Only if that's alright with them, Lils."

"YES!" Lily cheered before turning to the kids expectantly.

Luisa shrugged. "I don't see why not." The others agreed.

With an embarrassed smile, you turned to your younger siblings who had already formed a circle. You nodded to them and so...

"Rock, paper, scissors, shoot!"

Two papers, one pair of scissors. "Yes!" Ethan cheered. "I get to give the name. Uhh... Lyndon."

"Interesting," your brows furrowed. "But alright. A boy, correct?"

"Yes," Ethan nodded solemnly, e/c eyes staring into your soul.

"Okay, my word iiiiis... love," Aiden spoke up.

You nodded, turning to Lily. "Water," she said simply.

You nodded again before turning to Rose, who was sulking because of the loss in rock-paper-scissors. "Sad."

You made a surprised face. "You sure?"

She nodded stubbornly.

You furrowed your brows, staring at the ground intently. It went silent.

"What's going on?" Luisa whispered to Lily.

"She's working on the plot," Lily whispered back.

You snapped your fingers. "Alright, I need another boy name."

"Ooh, ooh, I know!" Camilo yelled, excitedly raising his hand into the air. "William!"

You nodded in confirmation before starting the story.