Chapt 9: The Aunties

Y/N pov:

Y/N pov:

"Are you sure this is alright..? I think this is too mu-" "No need to worry, Y/N. It's just a party! What's wrong with that?" Mei cuts me off as she handles her tomogatchi "What's wrong is that, this is too risky! What if we accidently hu-" "Upupup! Y/N, chillax. This will cover us big time! We control the panda very well! So no worries" She cuts me off again as she puts down her tomogatchi and held the flyer of Tylers party "Now come on!" She exclaims as she grabs my hand.

We head out the door as Mei folds the flyer and shoved it in her pocket "Okay, we're heading off to mathletes. See you later!" Mei says as we were about to pass mom and dad "Wait! What about dinner? I made all your favorites" Mom reminds as she surprise us with a table of food.

We look at it in hunger but resists "Thanks! But.. Miriam's dad is ordering pizza. Save us leftovers!" Mei declines as she pushes me out the kitchen "What if I come with you two?" Mom offers "YOU WHAT??" We both exclaim as we pause and look at mom slowly in such shock

"What are you doing? Linear questions? Geometry? I have a double jointed elbow! Look! I can make a perfect circle!" She says as she rotates her forearm. I look at it in disdain. I shook my head "Wow! Yeah! But it'll be super boring" I lied as I stop her from doing the weird arm thingy.. "Wouldnt you rather.. hang out with that instead?" I recommend us I point to dad.  

Dad hums in alert as we all look at him "Lets get my flashcards" Mom utters as she pulls as from out backs 

"But-" Mei peeps "I was a mathletes champ in grade 8, you know?" Mom says as we head out of the house. I hum in agreement as we try to stop mom "They called me the 'Uncommon Denominator" She says as we are now in the temple 

"Cool. Oh- Uh- Jade Palace is on tonight! Cant miss that right?" Mei reminds her as mom says "Now, who's the weak link? Priya and Abby seem bright enough, but.." "Oh! Traffic Jam is a nightmare!" I exclaim as we both went infront of her "We can just take the streetcar. You stay and rest!" Mei reassures as mom says "Miriam.. I mean she's a nice girl, but maybe she's slowing you down"

I pause and furrowed my eyebrows. Mei pulls me beside mom "Oh- Mom, you dont really have to come" Mei says "Don't be sill. We're already on the way" Mom says. Mei suddenly went infront of mom and blocked her from going outside "But I dont want you to!" She exclaims suddenly. I gasp and cover my mouth as I blink mindlessly at Mei. She realizes and covers her mouth as she slowly looks at mom nervously. 

I look at mom and she was in shock.. "I-I.." Mei didnt continue what she said due the gates lock suddenly rattling. We hear chattering and footsteps coming to the temple. The cats infront of the gate quickly sciddadle as Me and Mei looked at each other nervously.. 

Then the door opens and walked in.. The Aunties.. "Oh! WHa.." We say.. Then they all move their sunglasses and greeted us both as they smothered their hands on our faces "Hey, aunties.. What are you doing here..?" We both ask nervously "For the ritual, silly" Reason one aunt "She lost weight!" Commented one aunt "No, no, she gained weight" One aunt denied "She looks like her mother" "She looks like her father" Indicating to MeiMei.

"Ladies" A voice suddenly called as they all back away and revealed granma. Mom dusted her skirt and held her hands at front "Mother" She peeps. Granma cups both of our faces in each hand "Uh.. Hey, Granma.." Mei greets "Hello, grandmother.. Uh-" I greet as she inspects our faces "Poor, dear. It must be so difficult keeping that unruly beast at bay" She says as she removes her sunglasses "Your family is here now, MeiMei, and Y/N" She says as all huddled up "And we'll take care of everything" She adds as they lean in closer. We smile awkwardly but quickly fades.

We set in the house and the aunties were giving us gift and shoving food in our mouth "Mm- Oh.. Wow another beauty play set- Oum-" I say as auntie gave me a case and shoves food in my mouth again "So how's your ballet?" "Does your mother even feed you? You're all bones" "This bag makes your hair pop! After the ritual" Chatters busted on me as Mei too was struggling.

"So.. Girls. You've been managing keeping the panda in" Granma ask us "Totally" Mei replies "Really?" Utters an aunt "Excuse me, Lily?" Mom asks "They're just children" Aunt says "It's true. If the girls panda is anything like, Ming" One aunt say. THey all suddenly  'Ohh'd in disdain "Well, they did. They even passed the kitten box" Mom obliged as she pats our heads. All gasps and looked astonished "They calm down by thinking the my love for her" She says "Right.." Mei utters. The aunts cooed 

Mei looks at me and I make a gesture indicating 'WE ARE WASTING TIME'!! She stands up while craddling all the gifts as I too stand up "Thank you, aunties for the gifts.. But keep that animal in lockdown sure made us sleepy" She says "Oh- Uh. Yes!" I says as I fake yawn "Okay, sweeties. Have a goods night rest" Mom says as the aunties then share their goodnights to us. 

We both rush in our room and Mei quickly filled pillows under the covers to look like we are sleeping "We are so doomed" I whisper to her "It's fine! We're just like 10 minutes late. Its finee" She reassures me as she opens the window and throws our shoes out. The door knocks then opens. Me and Mei quickly backs away the window.

"Girls. May I have a word with you" Granma asks "Uh, sure" I say as Mei hums in agreement "Whats up?" She adds. Granma shows us a handkerchief and unfolds it. Revealing an orange fur. My eyes widen as I hide it with an awkward smile "I found this" Granma says as she held up the fur.

"Strange for girls who hasnt let the pandas out" She says "Its- Uh- Huh- Its not ours!" Mei exclaims as she grabs the trashcan and try to grab the fur but granma quickly swoops her hand away "MeiMei, Y/N. I know what your doing. I know how hard it is to keep that beast in. It feels so good to let it out. So free. But each time you do it. The stronger it gets. And then you'll be bound to it forever, and the ritual will fail" Granma explains as she throws the fur in the trash and leans to us closer and closer "Has that ever happen?" I question "It cannot happen" She snarls "Your mother and I were close once, but the panda took that away. I couldnt bear to see that to happen to you both" She says as she cups Mei's cheek "So, no more panda" She says as she then head out of the door "You are your mother's whole world, Girls. I know you'll whats right" She tells us as she then closes the door.

I was stranded in deep thoughts as I then look at MeiMei nervously..