14

I closed my eyes, pretending that I'd fallen asleep, curled on my side on Liam's bed. I didn't want to talk to him, or have him yell at me or anything like that.
"I'll be back." Liam had muttered before disappearing into his bathroom....that was 10 minutes ago, leaving me wondering what he was doing in there. Not that I cared. 
I took a breath of his scent clinging to the shirt I'd slipped on, not wanting to sleep in my dress. The bathroom door opened as I tensed slightly, hoping that he believed that I'd fallen asleep because I was tired after tonight's events. The bed dipped as a warm hand stroked up and down my leg gently.
"I know you're awake, Cora." Liam's hand continues stroking my leg as I refuse to open my eyes. "Open your eyes."
I open them slowly, staring at the wall in front of me. "I just want to sleep." I breathe, still staring. "Please, Liam."
He's silent beside me for a few seconds until he leans towards me, a hand under my elbow pulling me up and into a sitting position which I adjust slightly so my body is facing his direction. I don't look at him, my eyes trained on my lap but a hand on my chin forces my gaze to meet his.
"Cora, I know you think I'm angry with you." Liam's grip on my chin loosens slightly, rubbing his thumb against it. "And I am angry that you lied to me about that party." Of course he was.
"I asked you about the party." I muttered softly, gaging his reaction carefully. "You said no. I don't ask you anything because you always say no."
"You didn't even like that party." Liam scoffed as I narrowed my eyes at him, wondering why I no longer felt his hand on my chin.
I got my answer a moment later as I was pulled on to Liam's lap, my legs on either side of him; straddling him as he pushed some of my hair away from my face.
"I didn't get a chance to." I tried to move off his lap but Liam had other ideas, his hands on my waist keeping me there. "I was afraid that you would chloroform me and drag me to god knows where. Or get Ben and Sam to do it."
A door swung open and then closed quickly, two sets of footsteps coming up the stairs: one determined, the other unhurried but it sounded as though it was getting closer to Liam's room. I wriggled, panicking at the thought of his mum or dad coming in and finding us in this position.
"Stop." Liam hissed as I continued to try and get off his lap. Didn't he get the fact that his parents could walk in at any moment? I know I hadn't said anything about it bothering me but he always seemed to know when something was.
"Let me go." I hissed in response, listening as the door handle started to rattle.
"Calm down." Liam's grip on my body tightened, successfully keeping me pinned. "There's no need to panic." He kept one arm wrapped around my waist, the other holding my head gently.  I didn't hate it....the position we were in.
The door opened and Liam's dad stuck his head in, not saying a word before quietly closing the door. Was that it? I was expecting Mr Paxon to say something, not a three second trip but I was still panicking inside.

As soon as he'd gone, Liam's grip on me had relented slightly, allowing me to get away if I wanted to....I did. Running into the bathroom, I locked the door behind me, trying to remember how to breathe. There was no angry knock or a demand to "open the damn door."  which meant that Liam hadn't moved off the bed just yet, giving me a moment to myself.
I stared at the mirror and my reflection stared back: there was nothing out of the ordinary unless you counted the flush of red on my cheeks from embarassment or what.
I didn't know what to think as I slumped to my knees. I'd been more freaked out over his parents walking in then I was at the fact that I was sitting on Liam's lap, straddling him. And I had willingly put on his shirt of my own accord, and I'd gotten into his car without arguing with him.
"Cora, open the door." Liam's voice sounded as though it was right outside the door but I didn't feel like I could move. "Open the door." The knocking started, but I still didn't move. "You need to go to bed."

Bed sounded great right now, but I still couldn't move a muscle from my spot on the bathroom floor. The door swung open with a loud bang....had he kicked it? I turned my head, staring at him as he walked over and crouched down next to me. "Come on." Liam's hand gripped on to my elbow, pulling me up along with him. "You need sleep."