10

I was surprised that I got a good night's sleep, I might have tossed and turned a tiny bit but that was nothing new. What did surprise me was the feeling of something pressing against my crotch and something hard but fleshy underneath my fingertips.
"Rough night?" Ben's voice sounded nearby as I tried to wake up, but the controls to my brain just seemed so far away. "You two look like you had fun."
I blinked, warily, my eyes attempting to adjust to the light as they narrowed on where my fingers were resting.....or more accurately: who they were touching.
I moved faster than I've ever remembered doing so before, on the bed one second and across the room the next, my eyes wide.
"Cora, come here." Liam was sitting up, leaning against the wall behind him, completely relaxed. How could he possibly be so relaxed?!
"Your mum called," Ben informed him, leaning against the door frame. "Something about 'cleaning your room'. And to remind you that the Town Founding Celebration starts at 6:30 p.m."
I'd completely forgotten that tonight was the celebration of the town's founding... probably not the exact date but it was close enough....at least according to the town council.
"Cora, come here." Liam repeated, but my eyes were watching Ben carefully, tracking his movements as he disappeared out of the room. "Hurry up, Cora."
I shook my head, still trying to wrap my mind around how I ended up in the position that I woke up in. Had I rolled too far when I was tossing and turning?
Liam stalked towards me as I stood my ground, despite the desire to run. His arm wrapped around my waist pulling me into him as my hands landed against his chest.
"Liam, what are you doing?" I hit his chest, wondering what the hell was going through his mind.
"You're going to stress yourself out. Relax." Hang on....was he trying to comfort me?
"What?" I breathed, confused.
"Relax." Liam repeated, resting his chin on top of my head. "Breathe."
I sighed, leaning my forehead against his chest as I listened to the sound of his suprisingly calm breathing, trying to match it as I breathed in the familiar scent of citrus, sea and unadulterated masculinity.
I couldn't remember the last time I felt so relaxed around him.... perhaps I never had before now.
"Is that better?" Liam asked softly. I had no idea how long we'd been standing there...seconds? Minutes?
"Yeah." I whispered as Liam released me, allowing me to pull away from him if I wanted to. It had made me feel better when I thought about it. "I should go." I made to step away when Liam stopped me, holding on to my arm.
"It's 10:00." He pointed out, "The celebration doesn't start until 6:30." I know that.
"I need to get ready-" I argued.
"You don't need eight hours to get ready." Liam sighed, "Just stay. At least until 5:30."
"And what am I supposed to do until then?"
Liam shrugged, releasing me as he stepped away, leaving me confused as I watched him walk towards the door "Beats me." He called over his shoulder, "I'm going to have breakfast."
I watched him leave, debating my next move; should I get changed into my clothes and leave? Or go downstairs and have breakfast? My stomach rumbled in response to my thoughts about breakfast. I guess I'll go have breakfast.

I wasn't surprised to find Ben and Sam sitting at the dining room table along with Liam who was still shirtless. It would've been more of a surprise if they weren't there, eating breakfast. "Are you just going to stand there?" Liam smirked at me as I shook my head. No. I was just...thinking.
"Are you going to put a shirt on?" I quipped, trying hard not to look at him....or specifically his chest.
"Nope." Of course he wasn't. "Why? Does it make you uncomfortable?"
"No?" I shook my head uncertainly.
"Good. Then sit down."

"Did you two have sex or something?" Sam asked through a mouthful of cereal as I slowly sat down into the only spare chair.
"No!" I denied, almost tumbling off my chair in shock.
"They were in the same bed." Ben informed his brother as I glared at him, debating whether or not to whack him upside the head.
"Not by choice." I muttered under my breath, trying not to be heard by Liam. It didn't work.
"It's not like I cuffed you." Liam flicked my head hard before turning his attention back to the bowl in front of him. "Are you going to eat something?" He looked back at me as I narrowed my eyes.
"You haven't offered anything." I pointed out, crossing my arms.
"I wasn't aware I had to."
"It's polite." Not that he seemed to know what that is. "You know.... nice?"
"Nice is boring."