Descendants

It was modern day Japan. The Uzui family had changed quite a bit since Yumiko's time.

Tengen's descendant was named Tenma. He was an olympic gold medalist. Makio's descendant was named Noya. He was a professional boxer. He was incredible in his sport. He had almost a perfect record and he was very loud. His friends in private say he is always that loud. Suma's descendant was named Hiroi. She was working with children who needed better homes and struggled with anxiety. Hinatsuru's descendant was a daycare worker taking care of all the children with love. Her name was Kishi. Finally Yumiko's descendant. Her name was Soga. She was a master with swords. She ran her own dojo, teaching people how to fight with their own hands.

Once a year their families had a reunion to do the dances for good luck in the neck year. Tenma, Noya, Hiroi and Kishi's dances were all the same except for Soga. The dances were the techniques for Sound breathing and Arachnid breathing. Tenma and Soga always had the most elegance compared to the others.

When they were done it was time to feast. Tenma, Noya, Hiroi, Kishi and Soga sat at their table. They spoke of their lives and how it was going. Noya bragged about his boxing career. It was almost like he thought he couldn't be beaten. Hiroi and Kishi talked about some of the kind children they met. Tenma did some flashy moves to show off his flexibility and charm. Soga was quiet throughout most of the conversation however.

Soga felt like she wouldn't add anything to the conversation. Kishi looked at Soga. "Hey how have your students been? I'm sure running a school has its own challenges."

Soga got a little embarrassed. "Um well it's been good. I actually qualified for a competition in swordplay. Most people think I'll win but I'm not sure."

Tenma looked at Soga. "Blah blah blah! You're going to win. No one in Japan or the world is as masterful and flashy with a sword. You'll kick all of their asses."

Soga's face went bright red and the table burst into laughter. Tenma raised a drink. "To Soga and her swordsmanship!" They all raised a glass except for Soga who wanted to die from embarrassment. "To Soga!" They all drank.

One of the smaller children went to Soga and asked if she could do her dance again. She smiled and got up to do it again for the small child.

The dance started with a graceful movement. It then went sharp and Unrefined. The first form, web of lies. The second dance movement had Soga jumping in many places and swinging her sword with each jump. The second form, web shot. The third started with Soga making an hourglass shape and piercing down the middle. The third form, black widow. There were bells on her sword. She shook the sword to make some noise. She then jumped with another slash. The fourth form, vibrations.

She took a ribbon from her hair and used it as part of the dance. She swung her blade with such elegance that she could be mistaken for a spirit of the forest. The fifth form, silk blade. She began to dance almost like a ballerina. It was elegant and smooth. With every movement she swung her sword with elegance. The sixth form, silk dance. She became still. Almost like a statue. She stood like that for 15 seconds. Suddenly she pushed her sword out to the side. The seventh form, dead still. The final dance movement involved Soga spinning and with each spin an attack was given. She managed to spin 25 times with each attack being precise. The eighth form, spiral.

The dance had finished. She sheathed her sword. The child clapped. "I want to learn how to do that too!" Soga smiled. Tenma said "Now that was flashy. You should use those dance moves during the tournament. It might be able to help you."

Soga laughed at the idea. "It's just a dance. I don't think I could use this." Soga's mother Mai told Soga to pick up her sword. The whole family started to get excited. A sparring match between these two would be fun. "Mama, could I try Tenma's suggestion while we spar?" Mai looked at her daughter. "Of course. Let's put this to the test shall we."

Soga's father, Genjo, Was the ref. "Begin!"

Instantly the two swords clashed. Soga decided to use the first dance movement. It was super effective. She managed to knock her mother to the ground. She helped her back up. "Well maybe I can use this. Thanks Tenma!"

Tenma had a prideful smile as always except this one was earned. By the end of the feast they all parted ways. Soga, Kishi, Noya,Tenma and Hiroi promised they would see each other again before the family reunion. Soga went on to dominate the tournament and was given the title of best swordsman in the world.

When her success hit the news she received a letter in the mail. It was from Ubuyashiku. He was the oldest man in Japan. He invited Soga to his home for tea. She felt that she had to accept. He was old and had wisdom. Maybe she could learn something.

The next day she arrived at the Ubuyashiki mansion. It was massive. She entered the home and saw the old man waiting for her. He invited her to sit and poured her some tea.

"You are probably wondering why I asked for you. Your swordsmanship was incredible. I haven't seen a technique like that since I was a child. A woman named Yumiko used those same techniques. She was married to a man named Tengen Uzui."

Soga's eyes widened. "You mean my great grandmother!? She was a swordsman!? I don't know much about her. She died young from what I hear. But she had a child before she passed. That child was my grandmother. She talked to me about her mothers and father all of the time but avoided the topic of her biological mother. Could you tell me about her?"

Ubuyashiki smiled at her. "Of course. She was strong and she helped to kill the demon king. The demon slayers were real. Your great grandmother was one of them. She was strong too. She became a demon but her will was strong enough that she managed to stand in the sun. She was cured of it five years before she passed. In total she was human for 25 years and demon for 6 months. She was stronger than most of us. Truly an incredible demon slayer. You are the spitting image of her."

Soga was surprised to hear all of this. She had learned so much about Yumiko in such a short time. She thanked Ubuyashiki for telling her all of this. They spoke for a while longer and made a promise to see each other every weekend.

When Yumiko left she called Tenma. He answered right before it was about to give her a voicemail. "What's up? Did something happen?"

Soga told Tenma about it all. Everything that Ubuyashiki told her. Tenma was silent. "You didn't know about my great grandad? I didn't know much about Yumiko but I knew about him. Well all that stuff is in the past. If anything this just means you are destined to be an incredible swordsman."

"You're right. Still feels weird though." They spoke for a while longer then she hung up. In the end it didn't matter. They continued on. Soga then continued her life the same as always.

She and her cousins all became closer. Soga went to her great grandmother's grave to see her. "Well grandma, I'm here. Who would've thought you were passing down your sword skills through dance. I'm sure I'm nothing compared to you. I heard your story from your master. I will continue to tell your story. You will not be forgotten. Thank you for being strong. If you weren't I wouldn't be here right now. Thank you, Yumiko."

She began to walk away from the grave and began her life with the goal of making Yumiko proud. 

I hope y'all enjoyed this special chapter! I might make a new book on what if Yumiko had turned into the demon that Douma, Muzan and Kokushibou wanted her to be. I think it might be fun! Let me know if y'all are interested! If you are I'll definitely get on that soon!